Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > Team Forums > Nebraska Cornhuskers

Old 02-17-2013, 11:16 PM   #1
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
Former Husker RB Ken Clark dies of heart attack

Quote:
A bit of rough news for Nebraska football fans:

Ken Clark, one of the best running backs in school history, has died. He was 46.

A cousin, Stephanie Clark of Omaha, confirmed the death. According to The Associated Press, she said he died of a massive heart attack Saturday in Minneapolis.

A graduate of Omaha Bryan, Clark was a two-time All-Big Eight running back, eclipsing the 1,000-yard rushing mark in both his junior and senior seasons (1988-89).

Tony Davis, another rugged ex-Husker running back (1973-75), remembers Clark as a quiet man, and excellent I-back.

"Listen dude, he was the deal, make no mistake about it," Davis told me Sunday. "He may be the most underrated I-back in Nebraska history. He would produce and produce and produce. He was a producing machine. I mean, he'd always pick up third-and-4s -- stuff like that.

"He was a heck of a player. He was tough. He was smart. He knew the game."

Clark's career highlight occurred in 1988, when he rushed for 256 yards and three touchdowns in a triumph over Oklahoma State, which featured Heisman winner Barry Sanders. Clark's three-year rushing total of 3,037 yards ranks seventh on NU's career chart.

Clark, according to the AP, appeared in 34 games with the Colts from 1990-92.

More coming in story for Monday editions.
http://journalstar.com/sports/husker...a4bcf887a.html

RIP Ken Clark
desertrat218 is offline   Reply With Quote