Old 02-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #1
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

vCash: 100
Hoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant future
Fantasy Baseball

Are we going to do Fantasy Baseball this year? I'd be willing to set a league up for anyone interested.

Old 02-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #2
ohiobuckinut
Administrator

vCash: 102500
ohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to all
I sent a message to geiger about renewing the league from last season
Aggie Country Here I come this fall! Gig' Em!
ohiobuckinut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2013, 05:05 PM   #3
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1275
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
And put it in CAPS so it attracts interest and is easy to find:

2013 FANTASTY BASEBALL is here!

Old 02-11-2013, 07:45 PM   #4
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckinut View Post
I sent a message to geiger about renewing the league from last season
Done and done. Here's the info for anyone interested (the league is on Yahoo):

ID #: 46143
Password: bigtenfeverrules

Everyone who played last year should get an invite through e-mail.
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1275
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
Got mine:

Hey mjp,
You have been invited back to rejoin Michael's custom league in Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Baseball to own the team previously called 'mjp's INDIANS'.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

vCash: 100
Hoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant future
I don't think I played last year, but I'm going to join in this time. Have you thought about doing the draft auction-style? I've never done it, but it sounds cool.

Old 02-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #7
ohiobuckinut
Administrator

ohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
I don't think I played last year, but I'm going to join in this time. Have you thought about doing the draft auction-style? I've never done it, but it sounds cool.
I say we stick with standard drafting rounds rather than auction drafitng

Old 02-12-2013, 02:28 PM   #8
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
I absolutely love auction drafts, but I'd be fine sticking with what we've done in the past. Anyone else want to chime in with an opinion?

Also, speaking of opinions, those of you who played last year might remember the whole "move limit" discussion. We'll absolutely have a weekly move limit all season this year. I'm initially proposing a limit of 5 moves per week. We had a 2 move per week limit in the playoffs, but I think that's too restrictive for the regular season (especially for my style of roster management ). I'm happy to hear opinions on this topic, too, but I reserve the right to ignore them.
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2013, 03:02 PM   #9
ohiobuckinut
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by geigerm View Post
I absolutely love auction drafts, but I'd be fine sticking with what we've done in the past. Anyone else want to chime in with an opinion?

Also, speaking of opinions, those of you who played last year might remember the whole "move limit" discussion. We'll absolutely have a weekly move limit all season this year. I'm initially proposing a limit of 5 moves per week. We had a 2 move per week limit in the playoffs, but I think that's too restrictive for the regular season (especially for my style of roster management ). I'm happy to hear opinions on this topic, too, but I reserve the right to ignore them.
Can we compromise with a 3 move per week limit. If we do higher than that, can can we have a regular season cap, with a league vote to allow a add/drop if someone reaches the limit (for cases of injury).

Some call it strategy, but with waivers (which are a good thing) after a player is dropped, someone could use it as a tactic to block other players from adding or dropping. allowing more add drops also benefits the person in the earliest time zone or the person who gets up the earliest (for whatever reason).

Old 02-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #10
ohiobuckinut
Administrator

Is there a way to just cap pitcher add drops. this seems to be the biggest area of contention