Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > BigTen Fever > Big Ten Forum

Old 02-07-2013, 10:48 AM   #1
Bighouseblue

vCash: 500
Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
OSU will win 2013 National Championship!

Seriously look at this schedule:

08/31/13 vs. Buffalo Columbus, Ohio TBA
09/07/13 vs. San Diego State Columbus, Ohio TBA
09/14/13 at California Berkeley, Calif. TBA
09/21/13 vs. Florida A&M Columbus, Ohio TBA
09/28/13 vs. Wisconsin * Columbus, Ohio TBA
10/05/13 at Northwestern * Evanston, Ill. TBA
10/19/13 vs. Iowa * Columbus, Ohio TBA
10/26/13 vs. Penn State * Columbus, Ohio TBA
11/02/13 at Purdue * West Lafayette, Ind. TBA
11/16/13 at Illinois * Champaign, Ill. TBA
11/23/13 vs. Indiana * Columbus, Ohio TBA
11/30/13 at Michigan * Ann Arbor, Mich. TBA

Even if they lose to Michigan, they could still make the B1G Championship and BCS NC with one loss!

The only other (pre-season) ranked team on that schedule is Northwestern!
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2013, 02:28 PM   #2
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

vCash: 100
Hoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant future
Nope. Still gonna have to beat an SEC team to win the title. Ain't gonna happen.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #3
Bighouseblue

vCash: 500
Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
Nope. Still gonna have to beat an SEC team to win the title. Ain't gonna happen.
You're right, I should rephrase it to say, "Will reach the BCS NC game"
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #4
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
Nobody in the B1G is going to beat them, but they won't win the NC. I already said that Meyer will end up owning the Big Ten just like he did the $EC. He'll end up winning a NC in the next 2-3 yrs I bet.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:38 PM   #5
HuskerFan
Forum Moderator

vCash: 100
HuskerFan has a spectacular aura aboutHuskerFan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
Nobody in the B1G is going to beat them, but they won't win the NC. I already said that Meyer will end up owning the Big Ten just like he did the $EC. He'll end up winning a NC in the next 2-3 yrs I bet.
Agreed.
HuskerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #6
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1275
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
How does 11-0 going to sound?

Just like the good ol' days! (well minus JCoop & EB losing all those games with great talent).

Can't wait!

Old 02-07-2013, 04:30 PM   #7
Guaransheed

vCash: 1600
Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
I think Michigan will be just as good as the Buckeyes this year. They were last year too and Borges lost the game. No argument about that, that's just straight fact. I do think the only other team that will give them trouble is Wisconsin. Though Indiana and Purdue seem to always make it interesting.

Absolutely no way Ohio State stands a chance against Alabama or any other SEC team good enough to reach the championship though or Oregon.
Guaransheed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-07-2013, 08:58 PM   #8
Drocks
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaransheed View Post
I think Michigan will be just as good as the Buckeyes this year. They were last year too and Borges lost the game. No argument about that, that's just straight fact. I do think the only other team that will give them trouble is Wisconsin. Though Indiana and Purdue seem to always make it interesting.

Absolutely no way Ohio State stands a chance against Alabama or any other SEC team good enough to reach the championship though or Oregon.
I suppose you wouldn't be biased in that belief at all, right....?

That schedule does scream BCS Championship game berth though lol

Old 02-07-2013, 09:19 PM   #9
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1275
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
Well if The OSU runs the table out they'd be 25-0 in two years...that's hard, so who's in the way? ( "m" )

If "m" beats tOSU they probably don't get a #1 or maybe even #2 final ranking, now we just have to wait ~200+ days to start to really figure this all out.

I love college football!

Old 02-07-2013, 09:53 PM   #10
Spartan Pride
Larry Caper

vCash: 200
Spartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Meyer can do alot in this conference, but he wasn't on par with Saban at Florida and he isn't now.

BTW: No way a one loss team with that schedule goes to the NC.
Spartan Pride is offline   Reply With Quote