Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #1
Beanie Ginn

vCash: 500
Beanie Ginn is on a distinguished road
Virginia to the B1G??

Rumor going around it could happen as early as tomorrow morning. I've said that I think UVA and UNC will be the next two teams in. I think they are both great fits. I hope we get them both. I know the SEC wants UNC as well. Our basketball conference would be unreal with UNC.

Old 01-21-2013, 11:42 PM   #2
Ross Mackey

vCash: 750
Ross Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond repute
UVA=absolute top-shelf academics, meh athletics....

No way would UNC abandon Duke--together, they call the shots for that conference--their own little fiefdom is the ACC
Ross Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 12:21 AM   #3
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
I don't see Duke or UNC coming to the Big Ten. I would like to see the Big Ten pick up a baseball power or two. Virginia, in my opinion, makes more sense than the two most recent additions.

Old 01-22-2013, 02:25 AM   #4
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

vCash: 100
Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Mackey View Post
UVA=absolute top-shelf academics, meh athletics....

No way would UNC abandon Duke--together, they call the shots for that conference--their own little fiefdom is the ACC
Agree 100%. UVA would be an excellent addition.

The following link says UNC and GT(both Purdue and Illinois pushing hard for that) would also be possibilities. SEC in talks with Duke and UNC. Makes me think UNC would go the SEC rout.

http://www.eersauthority.com/big-10-...d-acc-schools/

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 09:29 AM   #5
Dances With Gophers

Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
I would much rather grab Duke over UNC.
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 09:32 AM   #6
Dances With Gophers

Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
Actually, I would much rather grab Colorado...but will never happen b/c Delaney is BFF with the Pac12 commish.

Grab Colorado
Grab Texas
Grab Duke

Dump Maryland

/drops mic
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 10:27 AM   #7
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
I was under the impression that UVA was dogshit academically...apparently not. They are, however, dogshit, when it comes to athletics though. Meh.
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 12:27 PM   #8
Beanie Ginn

Beanie Ginn is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKGOLD View Post
I was under the impression that UVA was dogshit academically...apparently not. They are, however, dogshit, when it comes to athletics though. Meh.
They (and Maryland) instantly turn the B1G into a lacrosse power conference

Old 01-22-2013, 12:32 PM   #9
Bighouseblue

Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKGOLD View Post
All say this again: the B1G AD's do not want a power football team. It hurts them to compete against a tough football power. They want an easy win against a conference foe, that is why we've added Rutgers, Maryland, and now possibly Virginia.

And I believe in Basketball (if NC joins), it's not as critical, because we can have upwards of 7-8-9 teams get into the NCAA tourney.
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 12:52 PM   #10
Guaransheed
Administrator

vCash: 200
Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
I'm sick of adding the crap teams. Maryland was a decent add I thought, though after watching their basketball team against UNC, they're an embarrassment. I'm hoping that with the money they'll get better, but we'll see. I gave the football team a pass because they lost something like 6 quarterbacks this year, including a LB I believe. They ended up starting a tight end, who hadn't play QB in a long while. So, they get a pass.

Rutgers literally was the worst addition in the world. And I'm sorry but I'd rather us not add Virginia. UNC and Georgia Tech would be better adds in my opinion. Though I really don't want GT either. I'd much rather have them then Rutgers though. Can we please just drop Rutgers?
Guaransheed is offline   Reply With Quote