Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > BigTen Fever > Big Ten Forum

Old 12-14-2012, 04:23 PM   #1
Crusader
Administrator

vCash: 500
Crusader is on a distinguished road
ball Conference Power Rankings: Big Ten

1. Indiana
2. Michigan
3. Illinois
4. OSU
5. Minnesota
6. MSU
7. Wisconsin
8. Iowa
9. NU
10. Purdue
11. Nebraska
12. PSU

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/coll...ings-big-ten-2
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2012, 07:03 PM   #2
yaya551
Administrator

vCash: 30657
yaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond repute
So nice having my team being good again.
yaya551 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2012, 07:27 PM   #3
fink
High Fever Club

vCash: 100
fink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of light
The top 6 in the conference are scary good. Road wins may be hard to come by.

"You will not win on the road in the B1G" -Ted Valentine
fink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #4
Crusader
Administrator

vCash: 500
Crusader is on a distinguished road
Not sold on my Illini. They've really struggled at home so far this year. I'd switch UI and OSU on that list.
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2012, 08:15 AM   #5
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

Hoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by fink View Post
The top 6 in the conference are scary good. Road wins may be hard to come by.
1. I hate that saying. College basketball players in general aren't scared to play anybody. It's called being a competitor.

2. The top 6 are all good teams, but I think there is clear separation between 1-2, and everybody else.

Old 12-15-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
fink
High Fever Club

fink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
1. I hate that saying. College basketball players in general aren't scared to play anybody. It's called being a competitor.

2. The top 6 are all good teams, but I think there is clear separation between 1-2, and everybody else.
Whatever on the first comment. It's just a saying, and I wasn't implying that someone would be scared to play any of them, just that they're all quite good. That said, if you don't think athletes play scared at times, you're kidding yourself.

Disagree on the second and not simply because IU lost to a pesky Butler team today. IU and Michigan haven't exactly proven that there's clear separation between themselves and the rest. Neither has played a difficult road game and neither has beat a truly elite team. As far as I'm concerned, the most impressive performance of the year by a B1G team so far was Ohio State at Duke.

Are IU and Michigan the two best teams in the conference? Maybe. But we don't know it yet.

"You will not win on the road in the B1G" -Ted Valentine
fink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-15-2012, 08:13 PM   #7
Dances With Gophers

Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
Quote:

LOLZ!

So how's that slice of humble pie tasting? CLEAR separation indeed.

Butler, anyone?

The bball gods have impeccable timing, no?
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2012, 08:40 AM   #8
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

Hoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances With Gophers View Post
LOLZ!

So how's that slice of humble pie tasting? CLEAR separation indeed.

Butler, anyone?

The bball gods have impeccable timing, no?
Yeah, I'm sure that I jinxed them. The Hoosiers didn't show up yesterday, we'll see how they respond. There is still plenty left to prove.

Old 12-16-2012, 09:34 AM   #9
Dances With Gophers

Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure that I jinxed them. The Hoosiers didn't show up yesterday, we'll see how they respond. There is still plenty left to prove.
I hate that saying. The top college basketball players always show up. It's called being a competitor.
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-16-2012, 11:21 AM   #10
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances With Gophers View Post
I hate that saying. The top college basketball players always show up. It's called being a competitor.
Ha! Well played, sir.