Old 12-14-2012, 08:33 AM   #1
Bighouseblue

vCash: 500
Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Maurice Clarett....

What most of us already figured....

http://deadspin.com/5967649/how-maur...fett-in-prison

Quote:
He was a hard worker in practice and in games. But off the field, he was living a completely different life. "I took golf, fishing, and softball as classes," Clarett says. "Away from class, anything you can think of I did in my 13 months at Ohio State." Drugs and women were two of the things. Cars were another—he owned three of them at a time, including a brand-new Cadillac and Lexus. "I was living the NFL life in college," he says. "I got paid more in college than I do now in the UFL."
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #2
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

vCash: 100
Hoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant future
This is just all too shocking.

Old 12-14-2012, 10:01 AM   #3
OSUBuckeye4Life
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
OSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud of
The gift that keeps on giving.

It is a culture with ALL big programs. Unfortunetly, you can only do so much. Now, was OSU monitoring like they "should" have? THAT is the debate as far as the school is concerend.

Something I think that is far too common.

I don't condone it of course...

Old 12-14-2012, 10:15 AM   #4
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
Nothing about that is shocking at all.
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

vCash: 100
Hoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckeye4Life View Post
The gift that keeps on giving.

It is a culture with ALL big programs. Unfortunetly, you can only do so much. Now, was OSU monitoring like they "should" have? THAT is the debate as far as the school is concerend.

Something I think that is far too common.

I don't condone it of course...
You don't need a impressive compliance department to recognize that a college kid from Clarett's background probably can't afford a brand new Cadillac and Lexus.

Old 12-14-2012, 11:05 AM   #6
OSUBuckeye4Life
Forum Moderator

OSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
You don't need a impressive compliance department to recognize that a college kid from Clarett's background probably can't afford a brand new Cadillac and Lexus.
You also cannot keep everyone and their momma from giving him things. What were they supposed to do? Suspend him on the grounds he would not divulge where and how he got them? I highly doubt when asked he said..."Booster so and so gave it to me."

I see your point...but it is hardly that black and white.

Old 12-14-2012, 02:50 PM   #7
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1596
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
........But trouble happened to be his other passion. He was arrested multiple times before he was 14 years old, mainly, he says, because he was trying to impress the older kids in the neighborhood. In the eighth grade he was arrested for breaking and entering a house. While attempting to flee the scene, he jumped out of a second-story window and hit his head. He got 13 stitches for the wound. That's why, since high school, he has always worn the number 13 on the football field.

He was sent to a juvenile detention center. There he met a high school football coach who took him under his wing, and who intervened on his behalf with the judge and negotiated a house arrest. (insert name here) worked out with the coach every day after school........

Wow, what a surprise....well actually not.

He made it clear to his friends and others that all he really wanted to do was make a lot of money playing NFL football. He got one year in and bolted, too bad if he stayed ONE more year and behaved he would have hit the jackpot.

As far as playing in the NFL after just one NCAA year I agree in principle with him although 99% would probably fail you can sign contracts out of or in high school in the NBA, MLB, NHL, golf, tennis well anything but "Pro Football" and their FREE minor league setup....we call it NCAA football.

Oh well, another sad story, poor ***** kid wants the bling, he's GREAT, nobody can tell him otherwise.....jail...drugs...you can fill in the rest.

Old 12-14-2012, 04:13 PM   #8
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckeye4Life View Post
You also cannot keep everyone and their momma from giving him things. What were they supposed to do? Suspend him on the grounds he would not divulge where and how he got them? I highly doubt when asked he said..."Booster so and so gave it to me."

I see your point...but it is hardly that black and white.
Yes. Not really a difficult thing to do. Nor difficult to realize its the right thing to do.

But...that is not THE Ohio State way. So I can see your point.

On another note. You reap what you sow is my thought. tOSU recruits a kid like this...they deserve all the fallout from his actions.
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2012, 04:20 PM   #9
OSUBuckeye4Life
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKGOLD View Post
Yes. Not really a difficult thing to do. Nor difficult to realize its the right thing to do.

But...that is not THE Ohio State way. So I can see your point.

On another note. You reap what you sow is my thought. tOSU recruits a kid like this...they deserve all the fallout from his actions.
I was going to type a response...but then I saw who it was.

Old 12-14-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
yaya551
Administrator

vCash: 30657
yaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
This is just all too shocking.
You crack me up Jer.
yaya551 is offline   Reply With Quote