Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > BigTen Fever > Big Ten Forum

Old 12-12-2012, 07:03 PM   #1
B1G

vCash: 500
B1G is on a distinguished road
ESPN's Top 10 Coaching Jobs in Football

#1 - Green Bay Packers

#2 - Texas

#3 - New England Patriots

#4 - Notre Dame

#5 - New York Giants

#6 - Alabama

#7 - LSU

#8 - UM/OSU

#9 - Florida

#10 - Houston Texans

http://espn.go.com/college-football/...llege-football

Old 12-12-2012, 08:39 PM   #2
Hosker

vCash: 500
Hosker has a spectacular aura aboutHosker has a spectacular aura aboutHosker has a spectacular aura about
Well its good to see that ESPN is still hiring people with special needs...

Old 12-12-2012, 09:10 PM   #3
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1300
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
ND the #1 NCAA coaching job, yeah I can see that.
And look out Jan. 7 if ND can pull that one off!

Even ahead of SECville and "The Game" teams.

Old 12-12-2012, 09:13 PM   #4
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp28 View Post
ND the #1 NCAA coaching job, yeah I can see that.
And look out Jan. 7 if ND can pull that one off!

Even ahead of SECville and "The Game" teams.
It looks like he ranked Texas as the #1 NCAA coaching job
desertrat218 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1300
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
It looks like he ranked Texas as the #1 NCAA coaching job
Oh yeah it was between NFL jobs, go figure. Over even the Cowboys, (MIA).

Old 12-12-2012, 11:19 PM   #6
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp28 View Post
Oh yeah it was between NFL jobs, go figure. Over even the Cowboys, (MIA).
The Cowboys job is a terrible job because Jerry Jones doesn't leave his coaches alone and let them do their jobs, as the owners do in all the other NFL jobs on this list. I imagine any coach who's actually capable of handling either college or NFL coaching (since they really are two different ball games, especially off the field) would choose Texas over Dallas if he actually had that choice.

Not sure I agree about New England. It'll be interesting to see how "good" a job that is for whoever follows Belichick--it certainly wasn't great for the guys before him.
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 04:16 AM   #7
OSUBuckeye4Life
Forum Moderator

vCash: 100
OSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud of
Quote:
8. Michigan/Ohio State
Sorry, these two programs are connected at the thigh pads. In many ways, they're mirror images of each other when it comes to giving a coach the best chance to succeed.

Monetary value? Michigan is No. 3 at $618.6 million, Ohio State No. 7 at $520.9 million.

Football expenditures? Ohio State spent $34 million in 2011; Michigan spent $23.6 million.

Huge fan bases? Check marks for both. Huge recruiting bases? Check marks for both. Huge national exposure? Check marks for both.

That Team Up North and Ohio have more in common than Wolverines and Buckeyes fans would like to admit. But they can agree on this: These are two of the most sought-after coaching jobs in the country.
Whaaaaaa?

Old 12-13-2012, 06:22 AM   #8
Dances With Gophers

vCash: 100
Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
My Top Ten List:

[not in any particular order]

Oregon - you literally have an unlimited bankroll with which to play/recruit. Also, Puddles is the best mascot this side of Goldy. My kids would love him.
Cleveland - zero expectations, zero pressure to win. Easy paycheck.
USC - three words: Song Girls (boing!) Plus, you're cleaning up Lane's mess. Succeed, and you're a legend.
Vikings - not to coach, but to play QB. I can't be any worse than Ponder right now.
BYU - just because I'm sure the fans are super-polite. I could lose 40 in a row and the worst I'd expect would be a few harrumphs.
Boise State - because it'd make for a fascinating study to measure just how quickly an inexperienced noob could run a well-oiled program into the ground (my guess, 7-8 months)
WVU - I've always wanted to have couches burned in my honor. Downside - lose two in a row and you're toast.
Packers - I would have Aaron run naked bootlegs on 30 consecutive plays. After I broke him, I'd quit and return to coach the Vikes.
Chiefs - highly doubt I'd make it inside the stadium with the AWESOME tailgating atmosphere they have in the parking lot.
Colorado - see Cleveland. PLUS, I'd ride that durn Buffalo into the stadium during pre-game intros with the song "Guy on a Buffalo" playing over the PA system.
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 09:17 AM   #9
Hawknut5

vCash: 200
Hawknut5 is a splendid one to beholdHawknut5 is a splendid one to beholdHawknut5 is a splendid one to beholdHawknut5 is a splendid one to beholdHawknut5 is a splendid one to beholdHawknut5 is a splendid one to beholdHawknut5 is a splendid one to behold
Iowa should be on that list. You get to be a lame duck AND make $4 million a year.
Hawknut5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 09:34 AM   #10
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckeye4Life View Post
Whaaaaaa?
Maybe he's talking about land area and not actual numbers of Division I-quality players in each school's "huge recruiting base."
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote