Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMaryland TerrapinsMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersRutgersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > Team Forums > Michigan State Spartans

Old 12-03-2012, 10:36 AM   #1
HuskerFan
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
HuskerFan has a spectacular aura aboutHuskerFan has a spectacular aura about
Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl: Michigan State vs. TCU

vs.
Texas Christian University Horned Frogs (7-5) vs. Michigan State Spartans (6-6)

10:15 PM ET, December 29, 2012
Sun Devil Stadium, Tempe, AZ
ESPN
HuskerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-03-2012, 11:06 AM   #2
HuskerFan
Forum Moderator

HuskerFan has a spectacular aura aboutHuskerFan has a spectacular aura about
Sparty takes this game as long as their offense can score some. Their defense should have no problem stopping TCU.
HuskerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #3
Bighouseblue

vCash: 500
Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Come on! Buy some tickets Spartan fans!

http://www.mlive.com/mobile/sports/spartans/

Quote:
EAST LANSING — Michigan State's ticket sales for the upcoming Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl does not bode well for the Spartans' football image.
Michigan State has sold approximately 2,000 of its 11,000-ticket allotment for the game at Sun Devil Stadium in Tempe, Ariz., according to a release issued on Monday afternoon by John Lewandowski, MSU's associate athletics director/communications.
Quote:
Hollis is concerned that a poor Spartan following at this year's Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl will affect the program's image even more and hinder Michigan State's ability to get attractive bowl invites in the future.
"We understand the importance of selling as much of our allotment as possible because those sales are measured and taken into consideration by bowl committees in the future,'' Hollis said. "We will continue to encourage MSU alumni and fans, not only in Mid-Michigan but throughout the Southwest and Southern California, to purchase tickets through the Spartan Ticket Office.''
The Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl was interested in the Spartans throughout the season, as it was keenly aware of the school's very large alumni base and the fact that Michigan State has played just one game in school history in the state of Arizona, in 1986 at Arizona State in Tempe.
A lack of green in Sun Devil Stadium on Dec. 29 would be quite an eye opener for bowl officials as they scout teams for future invites.
Sun Devil Stadium attendance was capped at 56,000 for this bowl game the past two seasons, but organizers opted to sell to the stadium's capacity, 71,000, for this game, knowing how well the Horned Frogs traveled out their in their recent Fiesta Bowl appearance against Boise State.
Ticket prices for the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl range from $25 to $125 each; Michigan State is electing not to include a service charge that would elevate the cost of the tickets it has been allotted.
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
ohiobuckinut
Administrator

vCash: 101000
ohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to all
If the Aggies would have gone to. Bowl.there I would have considered getting tickets. I went to one game in Spartan stadium against The buckeyes and now get emails from them regularly for ticket deals including bowl tickets.
Aggie Country Here I come this fall! Gig' Em!
ohiobuckinut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2012, 04:56 PM   #5
Spartan Pride
Larry Caper

Spartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Meh, noone even wants to watch this team. I can't blame them.

Same game literally every game this season, with the exception of Central Michigan. The other 11 were pretty much identical and miserable.
Spartan Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2012, 06:04 PM   #6
Bighouseblue

Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Pride View Post
Meh, noone even wants to watch this team. I can't blame them.

Same game literally every game this season, with the exception of Central Michigan. The other 11 were pretty much identical and miserable.
Why r u such a fair weather fan, all of a sudden?

Old 12-11-2012, 06:47 PM   #7
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
This is why I'm a big fan of no bowl games for borderline teams. 6-6 should not be enough to earn you a bowl game.

What fan is excited about his team playing in a bowl at that point? You've had a disappointing season, you lack confidence that your team will even win the game, and its expensive to travel to the game.

Meh.
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-11-2012, 07:42 PM   #8
GoState
High Fever Club

vCash: 45000
GoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of light
I caught Joe Rexrode on The Huge Show this afternoon and he said it's expected most people are getting good seats through Stub Hub. Apparently the tickets through State's ticket office are not that desirable....corner of the stadium. He referenced a similar situation last year with Nebraska not selling their "allotment" yet 20,000 + Huskers fans were at the Bowl game.
GoState is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-12-2012, 08:25 AM   #9
Bighouseblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoState View Post
I caught Joe Rexrode on The Huge Show this afternoon and he said it's expected most people are getting good seats through Stub Hub. Apparently the tickets through State's ticket office are not that desirable....corner of the stadium. He referenced a similar situation last year with Nebraska not selling their "allotment" yet 20,000 + Huskers fans were at the Bowl game.
Really? I find it hard to believe that one of the two schools in a bowl game, was given crappy seats....and the other school was given the prime seat locations.

It's supposed to be (fairly) evenly divided, for both teams during a bowl game.

This isn't like MSU traveing to ND, and ND only giving them an allotment of 5,000 tickets in the upper corner.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:13 PM   #10
ohiobuckinut
Administrator

vCash: 101000
ohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighouseblue View Post
Really? I find it hard to believe that one of the two schools in a bowl game, was given crappy seats....and the other school was given the prime seat locations.

It's supposed to be (fairly) evenly divided, for both teams during a bowl game.

This isn't like MSU traveing to ND, and ND only giving them an allotment of 5,000 tickets in the upper corner.
Neither team is ussually given prime seats in my experience. Usually those are sold in abvace to annual ticket purchasers.
Aggie Country Here I come this fall! Gig' Em!
ohiobuckinut is offline   Reply With Quote