Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > Team Forums > Michigan Wolverines

Old 11-30-2012, 05:59 AM   #1
B1G

vCash: 500
B1G is on a distinguished road
Rumor: Capitol One Bowl intends to pair Michigan and Texas A&M

Kevin McGuire ‏@KevinOnCFB

Was told Capital One Bowl is lining up Texas A&M and Michigan. Johnny Football vs Shoelaces anybody?

Old 11-30-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
OSUBuckeye4Life
Forum Moderator

vCash: 100
OSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud of
Would love to watch that...if Michigan wins we can add cannon fodder to the whole "transitive theory" doesnt apply to college football.

Old 11-30-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
B1G

I love it as well. We'll be solid underdogs to A&M, Florida, LSU, Ala/Ga loser, whoever we play. We might spring an upset or get rolled. But I think they're all about the same level. Given that, I take the fun and buzz of playing Johnny Football. Would be a major feather in the cap to pull an upset on that one.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:17 AM   #4
Guaransheed

vCash: 1600
Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
Would love to do it. Greg Mattison would be the best guy to show Johnny Football what's up. Plus, this defense is already used to playing against Denard and Taylor Martinez and Gardner. So I think they'd be fine. I honestly think our defense could keep them honest.

Borges will lose it for us though.
Guaransheed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2012, 09:40 AM   #5
ohiobuckinut
Administrator

vCash: 102500
ohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to all
Odds are that I'd A&M is in the game, I will.be there with other grad school.friends.
Aggie Country Here I come this fall! Gig' Em!
ohiobuckinut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #6
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
I'm sure Michigan fans will be quick to disagree...I think aTm would just flat out assrape the Wolverines. aTm would put 40-50 points on the board would be my guess. It would not be pretty. JMO.

Last edited by BLACKGOLD; 11-30-2012 at 10:24 AM.
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2012, 10:25 AM   #7
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKGOLD View Post
I'm sure Michigan fans will be quick to disagree...I think aTm would just flat out assrape the Wolverines. It would not be pretty. JMO.
I think A&M is the better team, no question. Are they legitimately better than Alabama, or close to that good? Or are they closer to teams like ND and OSU that Michigan played close? I don't know.

Anything can happen in a single game, and I'd obviously hope for Michigan to win (or, if they're going to lose, make it close), but what you're predicting is an obvious possibility.
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #8
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
A&M did beat Alabama @ Alabama...

Old 11-30-2012, 11:31 AM   #9
Hosker

Hosker has a spectacular aura aboutHosker has a spectacular aura aboutHosker has a spectacular aura about
This would be the worst possible SEC match-up for any B10 team... I would love to watch UM to play them.

Old 11-30-2012, 12:01 PM   #10
B1G

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
A&M did beat Alabama @ Alabama...
And lost to Florida and SC at home? I guess those top 4 or 5 teams seem about equal to me.