Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMaryland TerrapinsMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersRutgersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > BigTen Fever > Big Ten Forum

Old 11-19-2012, 10:15 AM   #1
HuskerFan
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
HuskerFan has a spectacular aura aboutHuskerFan has a spectacular aura about
Week 13: Michigan vs. Ohio State

@
#19 Michigan Wolverines (8-3, 6-1) vs. Ohio State Buckeyes (11-0, 7-0)

12:00 PM ET, November 24, 2012
Ohio Stadium, Columbus, OH
ABC
HuskerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #2
Bighouseblue

vCash: 500
Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Interesting thought, which team would be #1 right now, Notre Dame or Ohio State?
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #3
HuskerFan
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighouseblue View Post
Interesting thought, which team would be #1 right now, Notre Dame or Ohio State?
Probably Notre Dame because they have played a lot tougher schedule (in my opinion) than Ohio State. But, that said, I believe Ohio State would beat Notre Dame if they played each other though.

Also, Go Buckeyes against Michigan.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:59 AM   #4
Bighouseblue

Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFan View Post
Also, Go Buckeyes against Michigan.

Old 11-19-2012, 11:00 AM   #5
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
tOSU would be #1. notre dame's schedule is a joke. tOSU's isn't great though.
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 11:17 AM   #6
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
OSU would have started higher in the polls, I think, and would therefore probably have stayed at #1. I don't think any of ND's wins would have been strong enough to jump them past OSU.

The AP had OSU #18 in the preseason, with ND unranked. I know they're now #4 and #1 in that poll, respectively, but I'd guess some people are reluctant to rank OSU higher given that they're ineligible for the postseason.
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 11:47 AM   #7
HuskerFan
Forum Moderator

Quote:

Old 11-19-2012, 11:53 AM   #8
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

vCash: 100
Hoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKGOLD View Post
tOSU would be #1. notre dame's schedule is a joke. tOSU's isn't great though.
I'm no domer-lover, but ND had an incredibly tough schedule by preseason rankings. Phil Steele gave them the overall toughest schedule. Now some of those teams aren't who we thought they were. MSU fell out of the top 10 quickly and UM turned out to be less than impressive. USC's loss to UCLA this week hurt their SOS as well.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:29 PM   #9
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
Pre-Season polls mean nothing.
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 01:49 PM   #10
Bighouseblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKGOLD View Post
Pre-Season polls mean nothing.
They mean nothing towards determining who is good and who is bad.

But Geigerm makes a great point, the pre-season polls will often dictate who has an inside track to the highest ranking, especially when we are discussing two undefeated teams. How would ND "leap-frog" OSU, if OSU was ranked higher?