Old 11-19-2012, 04:26 AM   #1
Dances With Gophers

vCash: 100
Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
AJ Barker is a whiny bee-atch

A.J. Barker leaves Minnesota

Good riddance.

I don't blame the punk kid. I blame his parents.
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 04:28 AM   #2
OSUBuckeye4Life
Forum Moderator

OSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud of
Haha. Why the name calling of the "kid" if the parents are to blame?

Old 11-19-2012, 04:38 AM   #3
Dances With Gophers

Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
Sorry - I didn't mean to confuse: I meant to generally call his entire generation "punk @$$ b*tche$".

Yet another example of why this current generation, in general, sucks massive donkey b@ll$@ck$: Instead of letting his testes drop and arranging a face-to-face with the coach and/or AD, he takes it to social networking and frigging blogs about it.

The kid's parents must be so incredibly proud. Sadly, $1 says they probably are because AJ can do no wrong in their eyes. For every kid with an effed up sense of what's right, there's a parent (or two) who helped mold him/her.

My own parents? They would've taken turns beating the living tar outta me if I handled the situation in the same manner that AJ chose. And then my grandparents would've finished me off.

I weep for the future.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:13 PM   #4
Drocks
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
Barker comes off horribly in this, and his post letter interviews are doing nothing to really help his case. He sounds like a guy who's extremely bitter he didn't get a scholarship prior to the year (when he had 2 career catches) and has a problem with authority figures (he's admitted this is a pattern for him).

Should have handled this internally with some sense and he wouldn't look so off with this. As soon as he put that letter public, he messed up. Sometimes you just gotta write the thing and wait it out until you've had a chance to think first. Once you click send, it's done.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:15 PM   #5
Guaransheed

vCash: 1600
Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
Edit: Nevermind my comment. But you can screw off as far as I'm concerned lumping "my generation" together as a bunch of punks.
Guaransheed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 12:21 PM   #6
Drocks
Forum Moderator

Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
Coach Kill speaking on the situation right now....I'll link some notes later.

Old 11-19-2012, 12:34 PM   #7
Drocks
Forum Moderator

Kill painting the picture that he saw a confrontation between trainer and Barker and went off on Barker for being insubordinate.

He also played the family card, saying he's spent more time with Barker than his family, blah blah.

Also noted that former player Brandon Kirksey also called him to support him prior to his press conference.

Old 11-19-2012, 10:09 PM   #8
Dances With Gophers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaransheed View Post
Edit: Nevermind my comment. But you can screw off as far as I'm concerned lumping "my generation" together as a bunch of punks.
I'm sure I'll hear all about it on your Twitter feed that's linked to your blog

I said "in general", so settle down, Beavis.

Those of us who are old enough to make comparisons based on actual experience know what I'm talkin' 'bout, Willis.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:02 AM   #9
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances With Gophers View Post
I'm sure I'll hear all about it on your Twitter feed that's linked to your blog

I said "in general", so settle down, Beavis.

Those of us who are old enough to make comparisons based on actual experience know what I'm talkin' 'bout, Willis.
Agree 100% I could go on a huge rant and make case in points, but I'll save my strength. My mother's generation, and the generations before hers, are disgusted by you people. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this country's demise started with the Vietnam era hippy movement.

Old 11-20-2012, 07:38 AM   #10
B1G

vCash: 500
B1G is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances With Gophers View Post
Sorry - I didn't mean to confuse: I meant to generally call his entire generation "punk @$$ b*tche$".

Yet another example of why this current generation, in general, sucks massive donkey b@ll$@ck$: Instead of letting his testes drop and arranging a face-to-face with the coach and/or AD, he takes it to social networking and frigging blogs about it.

The kid's parents must be so incredibly proud. Sadly, $1 says they probably are because AJ can do no wrong in their eyes. For every kid with an effed up sense of what's right, there's a parent (or two) who helped mold him/her.

My own parents? They would've taken turns beating the living tar outta me if I handled the situation in the same manner that AJ chose. And then my grandparents would've finished me off.

I weep for the future.
Complete crap. You can't take one kid and broadbrush an entire generation. I'm in my fifites and there are plenty of poor excuses for a human being in mine.

That said, this particular kid could be a piece of crap, and I wouldn't indict the Minnesota staff until I see a pattern.

Last edited by B1G; 11-20-2012 at 07:52 AM.
B1G is offline   Reply With Quote