Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > Team Forums > Michigan Wolverines

Old 11-14-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
B1G

vCash: 500
B1G is on a distinguished road
Gardner Selected Big Ten Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Junior quarterback Devin Gardner (Detroit, Mich./Inkster) of the University of Michigan football team was named Big Ten Co-Offensive Player of the Week for his four-touchdown performance in the 38-31 overtime victory last Saturday against Northwestern, the conference announced today (Monday, Nov. 12). Gardner shared the award with Wisconsin's Montee Ball.

It marks Gardner's first Big Ten Player of the Week honor. In his second career start at quarterback, filling in for injured senior quarterback Denard Robinson (Deerfield Beach, Fla./Deerfield Beach), Gardner completed 16 of 29 passes for 286 yards and two touchdowns while also compiling 47 yards and two touchdowns rushing. He set career highs in pass attempts, completions, yards, rushing yards and total yards (333). Down 31-28 with 18 seconds remaining, Gardner completed a 53-yard pass to senior wide receiver Roy Roundtree (Trotwood, Ohio/Trotwood-Madison), setting up a game-tying field goal with two seconds left. In overtime, Gardner rushed for a one-yard touchdown for a 38-31 lead, the game's final score...

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-foot...111212aaa.html

Old 11-14-2012, 11:39 PM   #2
yaya551
Administrator

vCash: 30657
yaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond repute
Good for him, he's done a great job stepping up and leading the team.
yaya551 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2012, 08:42 AM   #3
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya551 View Post
Good for him, he's done a great job stepping up and leading the team.
Absolutely. I hate to see Denard sitting, but it's good to get confirmation that we'll have strong QB play next year (and perhaps the rest of this year) from Gardner.
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2012, 09:12 AM   #4
Bighouseblue

vCash: 500
Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
I'm feeling like Gardner gives us a better chance in Columbus.
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
What little I have seen of him...he looks very good. I'd agree he give's Michigan a better chance to win.
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2012, 09:06 PM   #6
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighouseblue View Post
I'm feeling like Gardner gives us a better chance in Columbus.
I agree to a certain extent. I just don't want to assume that the Minny and Northwestern defenses are good preparation for OSU's D.
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote