Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMaryland TerrapinsMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersRutgersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > Team Forums > Michigan Wolverines

Old 11-14-2012, 07:45 PM   #1
B1G

vCash: 500
B1G is on a distinguished road
Sources: Buckeyes Will Wear “Rivalry” Uniforms for ‘The Game’

There have been whispers about it for quite some time, but multiple sources indicated to The-Ozone on Tuesday that Ohio State will, indeed, where alternate uniforms for the season finale against Michigan a week from this Saturday.

It will make the third time in four years the Buckeyes have worn alternate uniforms for their rivalry game against the school up north on the last Saturday of the regular season, but this year’s jerseys will take on a little different form...

http://theozone.net/football/2012/Wi...ormRumors.html

Old 11-14-2012, 08:33 PM   #2
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
I like those.

Old 11-14-2012, 11:46 PM   #3
OSUBuckeye4Life
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
OSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud of
Thought this was out there already. Been "confirmed" by those close to the program for over a week now.

I want whatever the kids like. Recruiting is the life blood of the program.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:23 AM   #4
GoState
High Fever Club

vCash: 45000
GoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of light
I like it but I've never been a fan of the traditional unis
GoState is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2012, 06:27 AM   #5
B1G

They should wear traditional uniforms for The Game. And get off my lawn.

Old 11-15-2012, 06:30 AM   #6
Dances With Gophers

vCash: 100
Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
But what people REALLY want to know = what uniforms will the Buckeyes wear for their bowl game?

Oh...that's right.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2012, 08:30 AM   #7
Bighouseblue

Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
I like the traditional uniforms too. This game doesn't need anything artificial to add some juice to it.

One thing I heard about, is there is a grass roots movement to get Michigan and Ohio State to wear their blue and scarlet jerseys (no road white jerseys for either team) no matter if it is a home game or an away game. The thought process is, that the teams colors are so different anyway, what does it matter if one team wears the white road jersey? White road jerseys were a by-product of BLACK AND WHITE TV, so that television viewers could tell which team was which without color. Hence, There is no need for white road jerseys today.
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #8
B1G

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighouseblue View Post
I like the traditional uniforms too. This game doesn't need anything artificial to add some juice to it.

One thing I heard about, is there is a grass roots movement to get Michigan and Ohio State to wear their blue and scarlet jerseys (no road white jerseys for either team) no matter if it is a home game or an away game. The thought process is, that the teams colors are so different anyway, what does it matter if one team wears the white road jersey? White road jerseys were a by-product of BLACK AND WHITE TV, so that television viewers could tell which team was which without color. Hence, There is no need for white road jerseys today.
You still need more distinction than that. Yeah, you can tell them apart but it's still more of an eye strain and confusion.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:13 AM   #9
Bighouseblue

Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1G View Post
You still need more distinction than that. Yeah, you can tell them apart but it's still more of an eye strain and confusion.
I don't agree.
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2012, 11:41 AM   #10
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
I'm not a fan of all the weird looking uniform designs people keep coming up with the last few years, but these aren't too terribly bad....at least it's still pretty obvious they are Ohio State.
desertrat218 is offline   Reply With Quote