Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMaryland TerrapinsMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersRutgersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > Team Forums > Penn State Nittany Lions

Old 11-05-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
The Hoosier Express

vCash: 1600
The Hoosier Express is a name known to allThe Hoosier Express is a name known to allThe Hoosier Express is a name known to allThe Hoosier Express is a name known to allThe Hoosier Express is a name known to allThe Hoosier Express is a name known to all
Former PSU coach Sandusky charged w/sexual abuse

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/11/06/sp...ith-abuse.html

Old 11-05-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
Ross Mackey

vCash: 750
Ross Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond repute
unbelievable...

What a blemish on Joepa's legacy if it's true, and if it's revealed that PSU enabled this monster...
Ross Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-05-2011, 09:12 PM   #3
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1700
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
No it doesn't look very good now but let's wait and see what facts come out.

I can't believe JoPa knew about this, I guess we'll see.

Old 11-06-2011, 01:16 AM   #4
yaya551
Administrator

vCash: 30657
yaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Mackey View Post
unbelievable...

What a blemish on Joepa's legacy if it's true, and if it's revealed that PSU enabled this monster...
To be fair to JoePa, he reported it to the AD when he found out from the graduate asst. This is totally on Curly, and his perjured testimony.

Now as far as this pedophile, he should steer clear the likes of me.
yaya551 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2011, 01:56 AM   #5
The Hoosier Express

vCash: 1600
The Hoosier Express is a name known to allThe Hoosier Express is a name known to allThe Hoosier Express is a name known to allThe Hoosier Express is a name known to allThe Hoosier Express is a name known to allThe Hoosier Express is a name known to all
Yeah I mean unlike Tressel, JoePa did report these things at least. Not that I'm putting cash/tats in the same category as this sick behavior. And the fact that PSU's president immediately comes out in support of his AD...yeah dude, might want to be careful what you support there. Personally I think a no comment or a non comment would have been a better choice.

Old 11-06-2011, 02:53 PM   #6
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
The most disturbing aspect is that quite a few people new about this and none of them reported it to the POLICE! Joe Paterno is at fault as much as everyone else that had knowledge of this. It's not a matter for the school administration here, this should have immediately been a criminal investigation. The school is at fault the same way the Catholic church was at fault for covering up their similar incidents over the years.
desertrat218 is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2011, 09:37 PM   #7
Ross Mackey

vCash: 750
Ross Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya551 View Post
To be fair to JoePa, he reported it to the AD when he found out from the graduate asst. This is totally on Curly, and his perjured testimony.

Now as far as this pedophile, he should steer clear the likes of me.

I need to read up some more on all this, and I freely admit I don't have anywhere near a full understanding of the timeline, BUT

Is it not true that Joepa continued to allow Sandusky access to all PSU facilities for this sham "foundation" AFTER he "reported" this incident...from which JS had free rein for years to continue his predation?

Sorry -- simply "reporting it" and leaving the consequences to somebody else, is a shameful act of cowardice --again if I'm reading this timeline correctly.

If true, all this is a terrible repudiation of everything Joepa says he and PSU stand for.

Last edited by Ross Mackey; 11-06-2011 at 09:43 PM.
Ross Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-06-2011, 11:51 PM   #8
Spartan Pride
Larry Caper

vCash: 200
Spartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond repute
I think if nothing else Joe failed his ethic duty in knowing that this fucked up situation was basically kept underground and he just let it stay that way. Along with everyone else involved. You report it to the higher ups but at some point you have to take it into your own hands.

Paterno is playing the "I didn't know everything" card but I'm failing to understand how this situation could have been described to him in a way that let him know it was fucked up without knowing how fucked up.
Spartan Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-07-2011, 12:39 AM   #9
Wells4Heisman
Georgian' Buck

vCash: 100
Wells4Heisman is on a distinguished road
Joe Pa will be forced out.... Hardly the way he envisioned it.

Old 11-07-2011, 03:22 AM   #10
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
Penn State Athletic Director Timothy Curley, 57, and Gary Schultz, 62, the university's senior vice president for finance and business, face charges of one count of perjury each. Both have stepped down.

http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/07/justic...html?hpt=hp_t1
desertrat218 is online now   Reply With Quote