Old 05-10-2011, 07:46 PM   #1
Guaransheed
Administrator

vCash: 200
Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
FB: 2013 Recruiting Thread

Shane Morris *****
QB
Warren, Michigan
De La Salle HS

Ht:6'3"
Wt:183 lbs
Class: 2013

He will be a top 5 QB in the 2013 class. I would venture as far as to say he'll be top 3.

Dymonte Thomas ****
S
Alliance, Ohio
Marlington

Ht: 6'
Wt: 167

Khalid Hill ***
TE/DE
Detroit, Michigan
Crockett HS

Ht: 6'2"
Wt: 230

Kyle Bosch ****
OL
Wheaton, Illinois
St. Francis HS

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 280

Wyatt Shallman ****
RB/DE
Novi, Michigan
Detroit Catholic Central

Ht: 6'3"
Wt: 255

David Dawson ****
OL
Detroit, Michigan
Cass Tech HS

Ht: 6'5"
Wt: 300

Jourdan Lewis ****
CB
Detroit, Michigan
Cass Tech HS

Ht: 5'11"
Wt: 170

Last edited by Guaransheed; 02-18-2012 at 02:44 PM.
Guaransheed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2011, 08:47 AM   #2
Bighouseblue

vCash: 500
Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Sheed, was this the kid you wanted and talked about a couple of weeks ago, when you said take him and forget about a 2012 QB?

FWIW: Hoke told Morris that he would still recruit a 2012 QB, and it could end up being a "Drew Henson" situation. Morris told Hoke he is fine with that.

Morris is going into his Junior season at Warren DeLaSalle. There are people who believe he will be the #1 HS QB in the state of Michigan, as a Junior. He was that good as a Soph, and has performed extremely well at some of these 7 on 7 camps he has attended. He is a lefty, and is 6" 3" 185 lbs. Who knows how big he will be when starts at Michigan?
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #3
Guaransheed
Administrator

Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
^Yes this is him. He's the one I wanted and I said he would make the 2012 QB spot expendable so we could fit in 3 TEs and 4 LBs and all those positions where we're taking a few more than we really wanted. Good to see him commit this early. He's a Michigan man for sure.

My one problem is just like you said, Hoke is still trying for a 2012 guy. Unless it's Gunner or somehow Pike then it's probably a waste of a scholarship and we will have lost out on depth somewhere or another blue chip player. If there's room without pushing someone away, then fine take a QB. But if it means turning one player away who brings depth, for a so-so QB then I'm not really for that at all.

Old 06-13-2011, 02:29 PM   #4
Guaransheed
Administrator

LaQuon Treadwell a 6'3" 190 lbs. WR says he will commit if/when he receives an offer. He's teammates with recent commit Anthony Standifer and he's really good. He's already being really highly talked about, so don't be surprised if the staff doesn't offer him and he commits sometime soon.

Old 01-24-2012, 04:11 PM   #5
Guaransheed
Administrator

I'm quite certain LaQuon did end up getting his offer, but some things have transpired and he didn't end up committing right away. Michigan lost his teammate in the 2012 class, which seems to have made somewhat of an impact on him.

Still a high chance he ends up at Michigan though, but it's going to take a while for him to check out schools and stuff. Definitely a good decision for him, because it's better to make sure you go to the right school.

Michigan also picked up a commitment from Dymonte Thomas a while back and Shane and Dymonte have become great friends. Definitely a great start to the 2013 class. Shane should be a 5 star and Dymonte should be a 4 star.

Michigan is also in great position for OL Logan Tulley-Tillman, who will be one of the top OL in the country in the 2013 class.

Dymonte highlights as a freshman: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U84DxawzBOo

Old 01-25-2012, 08:29 AM   #6
Bighouseblue

Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
...Also hearing that we are in really good shape for a top tier RB.....Shalman and Issac (IIRC). Not getting Dunn in 2012 sucked, but they are in line to get a great RB in 2013, since they already have a spectacular O-line, QB and no RB in front of a 2013 kid.

Old 01-25-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
Guaransheed
Administrator

I agree it sucked...to a point. We still have Rawls, Hayes, and now Drake(though personally I think Hayes and Drake will become different positions). I think Rawls will take over once Fitz is gone and then Hayes will become a Percy Harvin type of player. As far as Drake goes, I believe he'll become a deep threat wide receiver.

Drake has elite speed with long strides, and Michigan needs a wide receiver that can become a deep threat. At 6'1" and like 210 lbs, I think we could easily see him become the deep threat receiver this year. If he shows he can learn the plays, I wouldn't be surprised at ALL if he saw the field as a true freshman in the first game against Alabama.

That leaves Michigan with a big need at running back and so therefore I believe Isaac and Shalman will have more of an incentive to play at Michigan, because the chance of early playing time after Rawls. Where as if Michigan would have gotten Dunn, then they would see it's Fitz, Rawls, and then Dunn. Leaving them with not much playing time until they're upperclassmen. However, if Michigan doesn't sign Isaac, I will enter panic mode!

Old 02-06-2012, 04:23 PM   #8
Guaransheed
Administrator

Khalid Hill commits to the University of Michigan! He was the TE MVP at one of Michigan's summer camps apparently. Glad we got a TE early in the process.

Now we just need Logan Tulley-Tillman, Jourdan Lewis, Ty Isaac, LaQuon Treadwell, Jaron Dukes, Wyatt Shallman, Robert Foster, and Adam Breneman. Anything other than then would just be icing on the cake. I can realistically see us getting most of these guys too.

Last edited by Guaransheed; 02-22-2012 at 04:03 PM.

Old 02-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #9
Bighouseblue

I'm hearing we may get another commit over this weekend!

Old 02-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #10
OSUBuckeye4Life
Forum Moderator

OSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaransheed View Post
Khalid Hill commits to the University of Michigan! He was the TE MVP at one of Michigan's summer camps apparently. Glad we got a TE early in the process.

Now we just need Logan Tulley-Tillman, Jourdan Lewis, Ty Isaac, LaQuon Treadwell, Jaron Dukes, Wyatt Shallman, Robert Foster, and Adam Breneman. Anything other than then would just be icing on the cake. I can realistically see us getting most of these guys too.
Foster is a Buckeye lean at this point...but a long way to go.