Old 02-19-2013, 09:28 PM   #1
yaya551
Administrator

vCash: 30657
yaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond repute
ball Wisconsin vs. Northwestern

#19 Wisconsin Badgers vs. Northwestern Wildcats

9:00 PM ET, February 20, 2013
Welsh-Ryan Arena, Evanston, IL
BTN

yaya551 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #2
yaya551
Administrator

vCash: 30657
yaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond repute
69-41 UW, final.
yaya551 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2013, 05:07 AM   #3
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

vCash: 100
Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
This win clinched a 13th straight winning season in the B1G for UW. Among the major confrences, only Kansas has a longer streak.

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
Drocks
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckingham_U View Post
This win clinched a 13th straight winning season in the B1G for UW. Among the major confrences, only Kansas has a longer streak.
Y'all startin to piss me off over there. What is it? Is it cause no one wants to live there, their sports have to hold it down to maintain any sense of pride in the state so all your sports teams ball out? This cycle has GOT to turn around at some point right? I don't know how long I can go on watching Wisconsin sports exceed my favorite squads.....ugh

Old 02-22-2013, 03:02 AM   #5
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks View Post
Y'all startin to piss me off over there. What is it? Is it cause no one wants to live there, their sports have to hold it down to maintain any sense of pride in the state so all your sports teams ball out? This cycle has GOT to turn around at some point right? I don't know how long I can go on watching Wisconsin sports exceed my favorite squads.....ugh
Man, the insecurity of Minnesota fans when it comes to Wisconsin(both our state and the university) is amazing. First, more people live in our shitty state than in your shitty state, so back off! As for the cycle, in pro sports it will probably even out, but in college the system is built to help the good teams stay good, and makes it REALLY hard to have teams rise up to become perinnial powers. The fact that Minnesota fell after being such a strong program in the 60s is actually pretty rare(look at the teams winning/competing for National Championships in the 50s-70s. Pretty much the same teams as in the 90s/00s). The same goes for the Badgers becoming one of the consistently better programs in the B1G. The fact that Barry/Bo have been able to create stable programs consistently in the battle for Conference championships when just a few years before their arrivals we were bottom feeders is nothing short of amazing.

It's weird to think that incoming freshmen don't remember a time when Wisconsin was only known as a hockey school(you and I remember this). Their entire lives(or atleast as far back as they can remember) UW football has been playing in Rose Bowls and the Basketball team has been in the NCAA tournement.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt

Old 02-22-2013, 11:19 AM   #6
Drocks
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
It's more annoying for me cause I know waaaay too many Packer fans And there are far too many Sconny plates floating around this city and I just don't really like the state in general haha, but so many of them live on the border. It's all in fun for me, just part of the whole state rivalry thing.

What's really ironic is I was thisclose to going to Madison for college, it was basically the U or Madison, and the only reason I didn't go to Becky is cause I didn't wanna pay room & board lol.

But yeah, it just takes that one guy, and an administration to support him. We're hopeful it's Kill, but who really knows. We need our "Alvarez", someone who just takes the thing on his shoulders and rises it up. Oh well, no matter what happens I will always support the "Better Dead than Red" philosophy

Old 02-23-2013, 11:53 AM   #7
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks View Post
And there are far too many Sconny plates floating around this city
What do you expect? Since the cities are only 30 minutes away from the border, if given a choice between living in Minnesota and get the shit taxed out of them(If you make over 75K and under 225k, the difference is 7.85% vs 6.75. Even if you make over 225k you are still under the tax rate by living in WI. Middle class difference is 7.05 vs 6.50), or living in Wisconsin and commuting 30 minutes, which would you do? Don't even get me started on the Sales tax(6.8 vs 5.0). Unless you have the "I must live in a metro area" mentality, i can't rationalize NOT making that commute. Then again, northwestern Wisconsin is a wasteland(except for the hunting), which is why i live in the SE corner of the state. As far away from you gophers as possible.