Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMaryland TerrapinsMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersRutgersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > BigTen Fever > Big Ten Forum

Old 02-19-2013, 09:35 PM   #11
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

vCash: 100
Hoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant future
we survived and that's all that matters. Additionally, Nix is a bitch for that cheap shot.

Old 02-19-2013, 09:51 PM   #12
GoState
High Fever Club

vCash: 45000
GoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
we survived and that's all that matters. Additionally, Nix is a bitch for that cheap shot.
guessing he thought the nut shot he received from Zeller was intentional...didn't look like on tv though, either way, Nix needs to suck it up and play.
State hung in there and had another chance to beat them again...I think Crean summed it up best...his team played mature & poised...I guess this was the type of game I expected, just hoped for a 4 point swing
GoState is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #13
Dances With Gophers

Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
I rarely, if ever, watch non-Gophers bounceyball games.

But this one was awesome. Too bad there had to be a loser.
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #14
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

Hoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant future
These two teams will likely meet at least once more.

Old 02-20-2013, 08:17 AM   #15
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoState View Post
guessing he thought the nut shot he received from Zeller was intentional...didn't look like on tv though, either way, Nix needs to suck it up and play.
State hung in there and had another chance to beat them again...I think Crean summed it up best...his team played mature & poised...I guess this was the type of game I expected, just hoped for a 4 point swing
Yeah, it looked like Cody was just making a low basketball move and happened to clip Nix. Nix's looked pretty intentional. There were a lot of questionable calls there at the end that made the game a little too exciting. The continuation call that we benfitted from, but also several calls/no-calls that went against us. Nix changed pivot feet with 21 seconds to go, no technical given on the cheap shot, and the 3-point foul on Sheehey that wasn't. I'm thrilled to come out of there with a win and I hope that we don't see MSU again this year.

Old 02-20-2013, 01:18 PM   #16
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

So, upon further review, it looks like Cody may have actually made Nix hit him in the balls. If you watch the video closely it looks like Cody may have grabbed Nix's arm and pulled it towards him. As a man who has been hit in the balls, I can't imagine anybody wanting to be hit in the nuts. He must have REALLY wanted this win.

Old 02-20-2013, 05:05 PM   #17
GoState
High Fever Club

vCash: 45000
GoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
So, upon further review, it looks like Cody may have actually made Nix hit him in the balls. If you watch the video closely it looks like Cody may have grabbed Nix's arm and pulled it towards him. As a man who has been hit in the balls, I can't imagine anybody wanting to be hit in the nuts. He must have REALLY wanted this win.
Ahhh...so now Zeller is the bitch
GoState is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-20-2013, 06:32 PM   #18
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoState View Post
Ahhh...so now Zeller is the bitch
Cody denies it, so I guess we can believe whatever we want. I'll side with Cody, because I can't think of any scenario where I want to get hit in the nuts.

Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #19
Dances With Gophers

Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
Really? I can think of lots of scenarios right off the top of my head:

1) Vegas bookie offers me str8 cash, homey

2) College roommate dares me to do this on national TV, loser has to clean the apartment for the rest of the semester

3) Terrorists are holding my family ransom, their only demand is, you guessed it - get hit in the nuts

4) He might've been born with a rare genetic defect, causing his nuts to fall off as soon as he committed to IU
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2013, 07:34 AM   #20
Spartan Pride
Larry Caper

vCash: 200
Spartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond repute
As close as these teams are, Indiana is clearly better.

If that makes any small amount of sense in the world.
Spartan Pride is offline   Reply With Quote