Old 02-16-2013, 06:56 AM   #11
Ross Mackey

vCash: 750
Ross Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Pride View Post
...If you think teammates fighting is thuggish and unheard of, you are living in an extremely white, "violence is bad 100% of the time" state of mind.....
Stop it--you know that isn't what I said.

If the fight incident were the only thing with Dawson, you'd be absolutely right, but that AIN'T the case here.

As I wrote above, the kid has immense talent and potential but he has a lot of growing up to do. The fight you are trying to isolate is one in a series of thuggish crap he's been engaged in.

Ignore/rationalize it any way you wish, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist for anyone without green-and-white blinders on...
Ross Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
yaya551
Administrator

vCash: 30657
yaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoState View Post
not here to argue or debate but since you called it out, what's up? Any difference from anything else going on? Since it appears some people have the "inside scoop" to college athletics on BTF, what do you know? I'd just like to know.
If I posted UofM's program hasn't always been as squeaky clean as portrayed under Beilein...would I be wrong? Just askin
I have info on stuff that I can't share, I'm sure that sounds lame, but I can't.

And I think UM's program has been pretty damn clean under Beilein.
yaya551 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #13
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
My work here is done. Muahahahahaha!!!

Old 02-20-2013, 08:41 PM   #14
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya551 View Post
I have info on stuff that I can't share, I'm sure that sounds lame, but I can't.

And I think UM's program has been pretty damn clean under Beilein.
And the plot thickens...

Old 02-21-2013, 07:33 AM   #15
Spartan Pride
Larry Caper

vCash: 200
Spartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond repute
I don't doubt that that's true, Beth. But I do doubt that whoever told you that has any idea what they're talking about.

Not calling you out, I'd say the same to anyone who says something like that.
Spartan Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2013, 08:23 AM   #16
Bighouseblue

vCash: 500
Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Pride View Post
I don't doubt that that's true, Beth. But I do doubt that whoever told you that has any idea what they're talking about.

Not calling you out, I'd say the same to anyone who says something like that.
1. Izzo got an NCAA violation (and one game suspension) for some shenanigans they were pulling with recruits at their summer camp.

2. Two players were accused of raping a girl in the dorms. The District Attorney somehow decided not to press charges. Hmm.

3. The players fight at PSU a couple weeks back.

#2 is major, #1 and #3 are not that big of a deal. But one way or the other, that program is far from "squeaky clean".
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2013, 10:01 AM   #17
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

vCash: 100
Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya551 View Post
MSU's program hasn't always been as squeaky clean as portrayed. Just sayin'.
I don't think any program is truly clean. It might be minor stuff, but every school does something.

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-21-2013, 10:33 AM   #18
Spartan Pride
Larry Caper

vCash: 200
Spartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighouseblue View Post
1. Izzo got an NCAA violation (and one game suspension) for some shenanigans they were pulling with recruits at their summer camp.

2. Two players were accused of raping a girl in the dorms. The District Attorney somehow decided not to press charges. Hmm.

3. The players fight at PSU a couple weeks back.

#2 is major, #1 and #3 are not that big of a deal. But one way or the other, that program is far from "squeaky clean".

Though #1 and #3 are absolutely nothing, #2 is (beating a dead horse) part of why I've watched 4 of "our" games this season. Your team is filled with assholes, my team is filled with assholes, etc.

There was a study done by a friend of mine at the high school I graduated from following a couple girls being cornered and molested by athletes at the school. The athletes 'took advantage' of women and hit women at an extremely disproportionate amount. Additionally the athletes were much more frank and laughed it up while admitting such things.

I was rooting for Appling to miss his free throws. Please do not accuse me of letting anyone off the hook. Please read and stop wasting my time. Nothing you said in any way contradicts what I said.

Last edited by Spartan Pride; 02-21-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Spartan Pride is offline   Reply With Quote