Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > BigTen Fever > The Tailgate

Old 02-13-2013, 11:15 AM   #11
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

vCash: 100
Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
It's not final and my money says it won't stick. Yeah, they're going to drop wrestling and bring in... wushu? Ha... I highly doubt it. Luckily this panel of tools don't have the final say. If I'm not mistaken, the wrasslin draws a good crowd.
Only sport that has a shot of keeping Wrestling out of the Olympics is the Baseball/Softball bid, and even that is a long shot. I still can't believe this happened, absolutely fucking stupid.

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-13-2013, 03:50 PM   #12
Purple Haze

vCash: 400
Purple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant future
Logistically, Wrestling makes the most sense and it's an inaugural sport. So why are we getting rid of it?

Old 02-13-2013, 06:37 PM   #13
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1275
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
Logistically, Wrestling makes the most sense and it's an inaugural sport. So why are we getting rid of it?
Dumb move, I think it will stay, somehow. Get rid of baseball, not an Olympic sport period.

Old 02-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #14
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
Pssh... get rid of basketball! Who wants to watch a bunch of diva's play a pick up game? Not me. I wasn't even that hyped about the dream team. I think I've watched one Olympic basketball game ever.

Old 02-14-2013, 01:16 AM   #15
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
Pssh... get rid of basketball! Who wants to watch a bunch of diva's play a pick up game? Not me. I wasn't even that hyped about the dream team. I think I've watched one Olympic basketball game ever.
Basketball makes the Olympics WAYYYYYYY more money than wrestling, it's not even close. Gymnastics, swimming, track and field and basketball are the headliners for the summer games.

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2013, 09:53 AM   #16
HuskerFan
Forum Moderator

HuskerFan has a spectacular aura aboutHuskerFan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp28 View Post
Dumb move, I think it will stay, somehow. Get rid of baseball, not an Olympic sport period.
I don't mind baseball being an Olympic sport but how do rhythmic gymnastics and synchronized swimming stay Olympic sports??
HuskerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #17
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFan View Post
I don't mind baseball being an Olympic sport but how do rhythmic gymnastics and synchronized swimming stay Olympic sports??
No clue. Maybe countries other than ours actually care about them ... ?
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2013, 11:38 AM   #18
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

Hoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by geigerm View Post
No clue. Maybe countries other than ours actually care about them ... ?
Are you suggesting that there are countries outside of the US that matter?

Old 02-14-2013, 02:10 PM   #19
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
Are you suggesting that there are countries outside of the US that matter?
Well, 1.3 billion Chinese people probably count for something.
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-14-2013, 04:11 PM   #20
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

Hoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by geigerm View Post
Well, 1.3 billion Chinese people probably count for something.
Commie