Old 02-13-2013, 10:20 AM   #21
Guaransheed
Administrator

vCash: 200
Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckinut View Post
Nice get from the inter-mountain west. Having lived in Utah, I am somewhat surprised to see the top in state players leave as often as they have (at least recently no that Utah is in a BCS conference). I have many friends who thought that Utah would be loading up on the top in state guys and pulling in top rated guys from places like California (UCLA and USC cant sign them all was the general thought).
Michigan got one of his best friends in the last class, in Siome Houna. I probably just butchered that spelling. But I think that went a long way, plus Mone was Michigan's first offer of the 2014 class. I think they said they offered him in late 2011. So they've had a long time to build a relationship, plus have his friend already go through his redshirt freshman season. So Michigan had a lot of things in their favor for this one.
Guaransheed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-25-2013, 04:51 PM   #22
Guaransheed
Administrator

Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
Mason Cole, with offers from everyone, has committed to the Wolverines. He's an offensive lineman that many say can play any position on the line. He's also best friends with 2 guys from his high school who are supposedly package deals. Cole and Campbell came and visited this weekend and obviously Cole just committed. Campbell is a '15 guy though, but I would say the Wolverines are the favorites. Scott is the other guy, but he hasn't been able to even get to Michigan yet.

As far as other weekend visitors, I think it's safe to say we now are at least tied at the top of Drake Harris' list. Elijah Hood, 5 star running back, said we were now number 1 on his list. He said he was going to commit while in AA, but he wants to let the visit wear off basically and make sure it's still the right place for him.

Quote:
"(Mason and I) talked about it -- we're going to go to the same school. We know for a fact we're going to the same school."

-Artavis Scott

"If me and Tay do end up going to the same school, that will definitely influence George [Campbell] a lot. Us three are like brothers. It would definitely sway his decision a little bit."

-Mason Cole

Old 03-05-2013, 12:53 AM   #23
Guaransheed
Administrator

After letting the visit wear off Elijah Hood now has Notre Dame back at 1 and Michigan at a very close 2. I think he'll visit for UTL 2 and that could be a huge factor in his recruitment. Drake Harris has also now said Michigan is on top and another Michigan writer even suggested Michigan is the far and away leader. He's visited 2 weekends in a row and will be coming up on Saturday for another visit.

Hand, the number one overall prospect in the nation, will be visiting Michigan from March 15-17 I believe is what it said. It's a 3 day trip for him and he'll be at Michigan the whole time. Many believe Virginia Tech to be the leaders because he likes there defensive coordinator. But, he has said Michigan's staff as a whole is his favorite and he wants to do engineering in school. Greg Mattison is also his position coach, and he loves Mattison as well. Like I said though, many believe Virginia Tech is number one, but Michigan is a very close two. In fact, many believe with that 3 day visit, Michigan could become the leader or tied with VT for him. He's also visiting for UTL 2, so that could be a huge factor for him too. Being in that atmosphere, with other big time recruits could really help sway him. I think Michigan has a real chance here. I think in the end it'll be 50-50 VT and Michigan and it will come down to where he feels most comfortable. Two huge factors will be the engineering programs at both schools and how well he thinks both programs prepare him for the NFL and life after football. Both programs are very good picks, but I hope he goes with the good guys.

Roy Manning is also now the LB coach at Michigan, replacing Jerry Montgomery on the staff. Many people say Roy is one of the best recruiters in college football and he could do really good things at Michigan. Seeing how much he loves Michigan, coupled with his already great enthusiasm and recruiting skills, I could see him bringing in some big time recruits. We probably have the best recruiters in the Big Ten at this point, to be completely honest about it.

Old 03-05-2013, 08:24 AM   #24
Bighouseblue

vCash: 500
Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Quote:
Guaransheed;150562]
Hand, the number one overall prospect in the nation, will be visiting Michigan from March 15-17 I believe is what it said. It's a 3 day trip for him and he'll be at Michigan the whole time. Many believe Virginia Tech to be the leaders because he likes there defensive coordinator. But, he has said Michigan's staff as a whole is his favorite and he wants to do engineering in school. Greg Mattison is also his position coach, and he loves Mattison as well. Like I said though, many believe Virginia Tech is number one, but Michigan is a very close two. In fact, many believe with that 3 day visit, Michigan could become the leader or tied with VT for him. He's also visiting for UTL 2, so that could be a huge factor for him too. Being in that atmosphere, with other big time recruits could really help sway him. I think Michigan has a real chance here. I think in the end it'll be 50-50 VT and Michigan and it will come down to where he feels most comfortable. Two huge factors will be the engineering programs at both schools and how well he thinks both programs prepare him for the NFL and life after football. Both programs are very good picks, but I hope he goes with the good guys.
There is talk that Hand could end up being the overall #1 recruit in the country, when all is said and done!

Quote:
Roy Manning is also now the LB coach at Michigan, replacing Jerry Montgomery on the staff. Many people say Roy is one of the best recruiters in college football and he could do really good things at Michigan. Seeing how much he loves Michigan, coupled with his already great enthusiasm and recruiting skills, I could see him bringing in some big time recruits. We probably have the best recruiters in the Big Ten at this point, to be completely honest about it.
[/quote]

Manning is a great guy and great recruiter. He played LB under Lloyd Carr, and bounced around the NFL for a few years. Cinci and NIU both hired him as Runningbacks coach. You don't hire a linebacker, someone who has never played RB, to be your runningbacks coach, unless you are an outstanding recruiter and person.
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-05-2013, 04:36 PM   #25
Guaransheed
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighouseblue View Post
There is talk that Hand could end up being the overall #1 recruit in the country, when all is said and done!

Quote:
Manning is a great guy and great recruiter. He played LB under Lloyd Carr, and bounced around the NFL for a few years. Cinci and NIU both hired him as Runningbacks coach. You don't hire a linebacker, someone who has never played RB, to be your runningbacks coach, unless you are an outstanding recruiter and person.
Yes Hand is the number one overall like period. The best player in the nation. The number 2 overall player in the nation is now coming to visit as well. He has Michigan in his top 3, and many thought Michigan was the leader for a while. Peppers that is, and Rivals is the one listing him as the number 2 overall prospect.

And yes I agree with your second paragraph. Dude is going to be an insane recruiter.

Old 03-17-2013, 09:23 PM   #26
Guaransheed
Administrator

That would be the number one overall recruit in the nation. He's already planning on coming back this summer, because he enjoyed himself so much. I would bet he'll be at the BBQ and he's also for sure set to take an official to the ND night game.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:25 PM   #27
Guaransheed
Administrator

Drake Harris, the number one wide receiver in the country, has committed to play for the Wolverines. 99.999999% certain he'll get the number 1 jersey. He's about as elite as they come and he hasn't even really ever strictly focused on football. He'll be enrolling early as well.

Peppers(number two prospect in the nation) is also very high on Michigan. We're going to be in his top 3 for sure IMO. Hand(number one prospect in the nation) might actually be even higher than Peppers, it'll probably come down to VT or Michigan for him.

Old 04-14-2013, 05:10 PM   #28
ohiobuckinut
Administrator

vCash: 101000
ohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaransheed View Post
Drake Harris, the number one wide receiver in the country, has committed to play for the Wolverines. 99.999999% certain he'll get the number 1 jersey. He's about as elite as they come and he hasn't even really ever strictly focused on football. He'll be enrolling early as well.

Peppers(number two prospect in the nation) is also very high on Michigan. We're going to be in his top 3 for sure IMO. Hand(number one prospect in the nation) might actually be even higher than Peppers, it'll probably come down to VT or Michigan for him.
where are you getting the #1 rank? Scout has him 3 and rivals has him 4
Aggie Country Here I come this fall! Gig' Em!
ohiobuckinut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-15-2013, 02:02 PM   #29
Guaransheed
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckinut View Post
where are you getting the #1 rank? Scout has him 3 and rivals has him 4
My head apparently. It's been talked about and I thought he was listed top 3 everywhere and somewhere had him #1. Apparently I was wrong, the scouters have all said if he'd focus on football he'd be way better though, thus implying to me that he would be the best. Watch his video, I think it looks pretty clear that he's one of the best 3 and he didn't even focus on football.

Anyways, what I came here to post is that Michigan now LEADS HEAVILY for the Number 2 overall prospect in the nation, Jabrill Peppers and Ohio State/LSU have both dropped on the list. And yes, there's factual evidence that says he's the second best player in the nation. Might even be the best, he just doesn't really have a position, where as Hand is obviously a DE.

Old 04-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #30
ohiobuckinut
Administrator

vCash: 101000
ohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaransheed View Post
My head apparently. It's been talked about and I thought he was listed top 3 everywhere and somewhere had him #1. Apparently I was wrong, the scouters have all said if he'd focus on football he'd be way better though, thus implying to me that he would be the best. Watch his video, I think it looks pretty clear that he's one of the best 3 and he didn't even focus on football.

Anyways, what I came here to post is that Michigan now LEADS HEAVILY for the Number 2 overall prospect in the nation, Jabrill Peppers and Ohio State/LSU have both dropped on the list. And yes, there's factual evidence that says he's the second best player in the nation. Might even be the best, he just doesn't really have a position, where as Hand is obviously a DE.
There's no doubt Drake is good. I just hadn't seen that ranking, thus the reason I asked. A great pickup, any team would have been happy to have him
Aggie Country Here I come this fall! Gig' Em!
ohiobuckinut is offline   Reply With Quote