Old 01-05-2013, 01:05 AM   #1
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
Iowa wrasslin

No. 5 Iowa took no. 4 tOSU to the woodshed tonight, 22-9, in a conference opener. I can't wait to see Sanderson get punked by old man Gable again.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #2
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
I've never been a fan of or followed wrestling, but Iowa has always been the 1st school I think of with this sport. As a young kid in Nebraska I remember film day in school was a story about Olympic champion Dan Gable and his life growing up in Iowa on a farm. That was before he became coach at Iowa, and we know what Iowa did once he became coach!
desertrat218 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #3
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
And BOOM! goes the dynamite! #3 Iowa takes out #1 PSU 22-16.

In other news, Cale Sanderson is rushed to the hospital for severe dehydration due to tear loss and a severe case of butt hurt.

By the way, what ever happened to all the PSU fans that were gloating about PSU taking over in the Big Ten not so long ago? You'll have to keep looking for a different savior if you want to be relevant in something other than womens volleyball. Muahahahahaha!

Old 02-12-2013, 11:44 AM   #4
Dances With Gophers

vCash: 100
Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
No more wrasslin' in the Olympics.
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-12-2013, 01:35 PM   #5
HuskerFan
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
HuskerFan has a spectacular aura aboutHuskerFan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances With Gophers View Post
No more wrasslin' in the Olympics.
This just baffles me. Wrestling, whether freestyle or Greco Roman, should always be an Olympic sport. How does field hockey and rifle shooting stay but wrestling doesn't? Just doesn't make any sense to me at all.
HuskerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2013, 09:50 PM   #6
Dances With Gophers

vCash: 100
Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
Iowa wrestler chucks his second place medal from the B1G Championships into the garbage. That's the spirit!
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-12-2013, 10:44 PM   #7
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

Quote:
Iowa wrestler chucks his second place medal from the B1G Championships into the garbage. That's the spirit!
Well if you know anything about the Brands' brothers, it isn't surprising. That's the attitude of the program. Which is why it's the most dominant dynasty in relevant sports. I fully support this mentality. Also, this is the 2nd or 3rd year in the history of the program that they have went home without at least one individual conference champ. Disappointing, but I would be willing to bet that they'll be raging at the NCAA's.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:05 PM   #8
Hosker

vCash: 500
Hosker has a spectacular aura aboutHosker has a spectacular aura aboutHosker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
2nd best trash receptacle in the B10. Just try to throw your recyclables in it, I dare you.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #9
Jackass

Jackass is on a distinguished road
If you ain't first you're last.
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-18-2013, 12:23 AM   #10
onlinepole

onlinepole will become famous soon enoughonlinepole will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFan View Post
This just baffles me. Wrestling, whether freestyle or Greco Roman, should always be an Olympic sport. How does field hockey and rifle shooting stay but wrestling doesn't? Just doesn't make any sense to me at all.
Follow this simple formula

1) If Americans are good at it, the IOC will work to get rid of it unless it's a sport like hoops or hockey that just has too much universal world appeal.

How the heck is golf an olympic sport and wrestling and softball not
onlinepole is offline   Reply With Quote