Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > BigTen Fever > Big Ten Forum

Old 02-08-2013, 02:57 AM   #11
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

vCash: 100
Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp28 View Post
Signing rankings:

Ahhhh just like the good ol' days.

4. ND, about right
5. Ol' Miss, whoa
22. Vandy, yes Vandy
23. ??

Paid off. Absolutely no doubt about that.

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-08-2013, 08:34 AM   #12
Drocks
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
But doesn't all the $EC schools pay off? I can't believe Ole Miss did anything out of the ordinary. But I guess they had some breaks in that Nkemdiche's brother is on the team, I believe I heard. Also, I believe Treadwell's best friend is also on the team. Things like that can be tiebreakers when money alone isn't enough

Old 02-08-2013, 10:08 AM   #13
Dances With Gophers

Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
I didn't realize their new coach was Michael Oher's h.s. coach until reading an article a few hours ago. Itneresting connection. Just wait until 10-15 years passes; 'The Blind Side' will be quickly forgotten by the next generation and you'll see Ole Miss' recruiting efforts circle the toilet once again.
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #14
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
Iowa didn't recruit any top 150's this year or anything like that, but put together a pretty decent class in relation to their style of play. A couple fairly fast and big bodied receivers and tight end. Mostly 3*'s with a few 2*'s. They really worked the Texas scene this year. Which is good. A Texas 3* recruit usually equals an in state 4* recruit. Ha.

Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #15
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks View Post
But doesn't all the $EC schools pay off? I can't believe Ole Miss did anything out of the ordinary. But I guess they had some breaks in that Nkemdiche's brother is on the team, I believe I heard. Also, I believe Treadwell's best friend is also on the team. Things like that can be tiebreakers when money alone isn't enough
They must have given them hovercars or something. I can't see why a recruit would want to play for Ole Miss(unless you are instate kid), when he has offers from Alabama/other big schools.

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2013, 12:08 AM   #16
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1275
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckingham_U View Post
They must have given them hovercars or something. I can't see why a recruit would want to play for Ole Miss(unless you are instate kid), when he has offers from Alabama/other big schools.
Maybe a better chance to start earlier? Great draft this year?

Plus they do have some history, some even good.

Alumni like Archie & Eli Manning?