Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > BigTen Fever > Big Ten Forum

Old 02-09-2013, 03:07 AM   #31
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
And so anyways, no, I do not believe tOSU will win a NC next year. Within the next 2-3 yrs, yes. Will they win the B1G next year? Most likely.

Old 02-09-2013, 03:23 AM   #32
OSUBuckeye4Life
Forum Moderator

vCash: 100
OSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud of
Too many things have to fall in place for that IMO. Do I think we will have an opportunity in the next 5 years? It is looking so...

Ohio State is on the right track...

Old 02-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #33
Bighouseblue

vCash: 500
Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckeye4Life View Post
Too many things have to fall in place for that IMO. Do I think we will have an opportunity in the next 5 years? It is looking so...

Ohio State is on the right track...
I was just more or less making the statement about how embarrassingly easy OSU's schedule is next year. I haven't looked at 2014 and beyond, but next year is a joke of a schedule.
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #34
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
Their first 4 games are cream pies. The rest has more to do with league expansion is out of their control though.

Old 02-09-2013, 04:30 PM   #35
OSUBuckeye4Life
Forum Moderator

vCash: 100
OSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighouseblue View Post
I was just more or less making the statement about how embarrassingly easy OSU's schedule is next year. I haven't looked at 2014 and beyond, but next year is a joke of a schedule.
I agree...

Old 02-09-2013, 04:58 PM   #36
GoState
High Fever Club

vCash: 30000
GoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of light
Maybe Cal will stir things up...they tried last year
GoState is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-09-2013, 05:26 PM   #37
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1350
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaransheed View Post
Greg Mattison had so much more to do with their recruiting success than Meyer ever did. Now it's much easier for him because he was the head coach and he's got the two rings. So yeah, it's a lot easier and he's a good recruiter. But Mattison was the main reason in the first place.

OSU won't win a National Championship in the next 3-5 years. Once again, I'll bet anything and everything on that.
Winning a NC is really hard you need to be very good and a little luck too.

ALA & the SEC NC streak would have been over, done, kaput and the bravado with it if it weren't for:

Saturday 11/17/12 "O" vs Stanford Cardinal Autzen Stadium, Eugene, OR Lost 17-14 (OT)

Finished 12-1, 8-1

Just think the Ducks or ND Fighting Irish might have been National Champions.... an OT game, so close.

Old 01-04-2014, 07:46 PM   #38
Spartan Pride
Larry Caper

vCash: 200
Spartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Just looking at random old threads...
Spartan Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-04-2014, 07:57 PM   #39
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1350
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Pride View Post
Always takes talent + some luck just to get there. SO who wins it this year ALA?

Oh FSU or Auburn is it?

Old 01-04-2014, 08:23 PM   #40
GoState
High Fever Club

vCash: 30000
GoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Pride View Post
LOL.....I'll remember how far off some people were with their 2013 predictions when the 2014 predictions are spouted off.

GoState is offline   Reply With Quote