Old 02-04-2013, 07:40 AM   #31
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

vCash: 100
Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances With Gophers View Post
How many people went into cardiac arrest in Vegas after the punter took a safety with 4 seconds left in the game?
10-1 odds on a safety last I saw. I'd be willing to bet some guy came out a few grand richer because of that.

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-04-2013, 07:26 PM   #32
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1275
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckingham_U View Post
10-1 odds on a safety last I saw. I'd be willing to bet some guy came out a few grand richer because of that.
Oh yeah those kind of moves can change a lot of O/U and other money props.

What if you said oh well this game's over and pitched your ticket!

47 SBs, has there been an OT one? If SF didn't blow their TOs might have had a chance.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:21 PM   #33
mjp28
Administrator

Super Bowl 2013 ratings: Ravens-49ers Super Bowl highest rated in NFL history

The Baltimore Ravens' victory in Super Bowl XLVII was the highest rated Super Bowl in history, according to CBS' initial ratings report

CBS' broadcast of Super Bowl XLVII between the Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers was the highest-rated Super Bowl in metered markets history, according to CBS' preliminary ratings report.

Baltimore's Super Bowl win earned a 48.1/71 rating, overtaking Super Bowl XLV (47.9/71), which featured the Green Bay Packers defeating the Pittsburgh Steelers, as the most-watched Super Bowl.

CBS excluded the time period between 8:45-9:15 p.m. ET, when the SuperDome was dealing with a power outage, halting play.

Super Bowl XLVII ratings peaked between 10:30-10:45 p.m. ET, when the game was coming to a close. During that time frame, ratings moved up to 52.9/75 -- the highest of the entire broadcast.

Not only was the game the highest rated Super Bowl in history, but Super Bowl XLVII also constitutes as the highest rated telecast in Nielsen meter history.

FOX holds the rights to Super Bowl XLVIII, which will be held in East Rutherford, N.J., at MetLife Stadium. A Super Bowl in a northern city? Not always a great idea!

Old 02-05-2013, 04:08 AM   #34
Dances With Gophers

vCash: 100
Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
To answer your Q, there has never been an OT Super Bowl.

I'm sure the Vikings will be the first team to lose a SB in OT. Trust me on that. 0-5, baby - WOOOOO!!!!!
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #35
mjp28
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances With Gophers View Post
To answer your Q, there has never been an OT Super Bowl.

I'm sure the Vikings will be the first team to lose a SB in OT. Trust me on that. 0-5, baby - WOOOOO!!!!!
Didn't think so, I've been watching the prop bets for decades, not so much now.

But every year now it is really due...and the payoffs will be lower.