Old 01-22-2013, 01:56 PM   #11
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

vCash: 100
Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaransheed View Post
I'm sick of adding the crap teams. Maryland was a decent add I thought, though after watching their basketball team against UNC, they're an embarrassment. I'm hoping that with the money they'll get better, but we'll see. I gave the football team a pass because they lost something like 6 quarterbacks this year, including a LB I believe. They ended up starting a tight end, who hadn't play QB in a long while. So, they get a pass.
Maryland has the underclassmen/incoming freshmen to become a very good team the next few years.

Quote:
Rutgers literally was the worst addition in the world.
No they aren't, off the top of my head i'd put New Mexico, Montana and Washington State below them. Even those wouldn't be literally the worst in the world. You'd need to add some kind of inner city community college for that to happen.

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #12
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
The Rutgers add was/is/will continue to be...fucking terrible. It still doesn't make any sense at all to me. Whatever.

UVA...ugh...I'm just not interested at all. No thanks. But...they'd be better than Rutgers.
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 02:40 PM   #13
Bighouseblue

vCash: 500
Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKGOLD View Post
The Rutgers add was/is/will continue to be...fucking terrible. It still doesn't make any sense at all to me. Whatever.
It's a free win in most cases. It's an automatic conference win! Soon these conferences will going to 14-16 teams, and they will likely only play 3 out of conference games per year.

They've got to find the cupcakes somewhere. And when it is an easy game against a conference opponent, they can say we dont make the schedule, we only play the schedule in front of us, we cannot skip the Maryland game, etc. etc.
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #14
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
Rutgers is an easy win. But you could get an easy win, and still get other benefits...I see nothing Rutgers brings to the table other than being an easy win for most of the conference.

Bring in UNC...easy win in football, adds some legit hoops, adds a national name, a national fanbase. There are reasons, there are intangibles that they bring.

Rutgers brings nothing. Ugh. But its done. Can't go back I guess.
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 03:29 PM   #15
onlinepole

onlinepole will become famous soon enoughonlinepole will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaransheed View Post
I'm sick of adding the crap teams. Maryland was a decent add I thought, though after watching their basketball team against UNC, they're an embarrassment. I'm hoping that with the money they'll get better, but we'll see. I gave the football team a pass because they lost something like 6 quarterbacks this year, including a LB I believe. They ended up starting a tight end, who hadn't play QB in a long while. So, they get a pass.

Rutgers literally was the worst addition in the world. And I'm sorry but I'd rather us not add Virginia. UNC and Georgia Tech would be better adds in my opinion. Though I really don't want GT either. I'd much rather have them then Rutgers though. Can we please just drop Rutgers?
Agree with you 100% regarding Rutgers. If the leadership wanted a college team that would help bring in at least enough of the NY market to get the league on Cable, why not UConn? They won the men's national hoops title in 11, they've also won or tied for the BE football title 2 of the last 4 years. Rutgers finally tied for a BE football title this year for the first time ever. They have also never won a BE hoops title.

1) Switch UCONN & Rutgers
2) Add UVA, UNC, Duke & FSU: UVA, UNC & Duke are AAU members; great academic additions. While non are anything in football; They are all 3 strong in Lacrosse, UVA & UNC are strong in Soccer. FSU is strong in baseball and football. While FSU's academics aren't stellar they are improving.

You would have 18 tearms with MN, WI, MI, OH & IL locked down. Strong presence in IN. Huge Presence in PA, strong presence in metro NYC & NJ between PSU & UCONN, MD, VA, huge presence in NC and big presence in Florida. That is a home run folks!
onlinepole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 05:21 PM   #16
Spartan Pride
Larry Caper

vCash: 200
Spartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond repute
I didn't want any add ons (other than Nebraska), but atleast Virginia and possibly UNC would be respectable. Maryland and Rutgers just don't seem on the level a Big Ten school should be.
Spartan Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-22-2013, 09:28 PM   #17
Dances With Gophers

vCash: 100
Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
How about the Service Academies?

Air Force - Denver market
Navy - DC market
Army - New York

PLUS we'd monopolize the Armed Forces Network We'd rule the airwaves in Afghanistan, trust me on this!
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 05:48 PM   #18
onlinepole

onlinepole will become famous soon enoughonlinepole will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Pride View Post
I didn't want any add ons (other than Nebraska), but atleast Virginia and possibly UNC would be respectable. Maryland and Rutgers just don't seem on the level a Big Ten school should be.
While MD is football, they are top notch in soccer & lacrosse(while will be a league sport soon) and draw very well for hoops. Plus they give the conference an entre into metro DC which will be furthered by the addition of UVA.

UVA, UNC, Duke & FSU will be in the confernece by 15, bank on it.

Old 01-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #19
onlinepole

would much rather have UCONN than Rutgers, only been playing bcs football for 10 years and have won 1 be title and shared a 2nd. Rutgers finally shared a be football title this year for the first time!

UCONN won the men's hoops title in 11 and has been a dominant power in women's hoops. Also gets you into the NYC market

Old 01-23-2013, 05:53 PM   #20
onlinepole

MD won the men's soccer title in 05 & 08 and finished 3rd in men's lacrosse last year.