Old 12-29-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
johnredman24

vCash: 500
johnredman24 is infamous around these partsjohnredman24 is infamous around these parts
Top Ten

Cheap Shots
johnredman24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2012, 09:05 PM   #2
onlinepole

vCash: 500
onlinepole will become famous soon enoughonlinepole will become famous soon enough
NBA has descended into ghetto ball. No wonder attendance is in free fall
onlinepole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2012, 09:21 PM   #3
Ross Mackey

vCash: 750
Ross Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinepole View Post

For at least a decade or so now, the NBA is entertainment--not a sport in the traditional sense of the word....

That's the only logical explanation for why the powers-that-be have allowed the ongoing bastardization of the sport at the pro level to make it "marketable".

No amount of ESPN pimping and hype can detract from the fact that NBA hoops is unwatchable slop...
Ross Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-31-2012, 04:32 PM   #4
Drocks
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
In the post Jordan era, the NBA game did really take a dive. I do think in the last few years though, the product has greatly improved. You don't see the Allen Iverson, Tracy McGrady, Steve Francis types (isolation, ball hogging type) dominating the game as much. I enjoy watching the game much more than I did in the mid 2000s (outside of my Wolves of course)

Old 01-01-2013, 01:44 AM   #5
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinepole View Post
Thug behavior in the NBA is nothing new. Moses Malone, Darryl Dawkins, Bill Laimbeer all come to mind. Perhaps you may have heard of Kermit Washington who shattered the face of Rudy Tomjanovich with a sucker punch in 1977?

I don't watch the NBA at all anymore, kind of sad what they turned it into over the last few years. It's impossible to take the league seriously anymore.
desertrat218 is offline   Reply With Quote