Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMaryland TerrapinsMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersRutgersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > BigTen Fever > Big Ten Forum

Old 12-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #1
Crusader
Administrator

vCash: 500
Crusader is on a distinguished road
Big Ten Power Rankings: 12/28

1. Michigan.
2. Indiana.
3. Illinois.
4. Minnesota.
5. Ohio State.
6. Michigan State.
7. Iowa.
8. Wisconsin.
9. Northwestern.
10. Purdue.
11. Nebraska.
12. Penn State.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebaske...ngs-big-ten-11
Crusader is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2012, 07:58 PM   #2
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1430
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
Wow, BUCKS 5th, tough group!

Old 12-29-2012, 12:14 AM   #3
Drocks
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
Yes, the Gophers do deserve some love

Hopefully they earn it come 12/31 and beyond.

Old 12-29-2012, 08:50 AM   #4
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

vCash: 100
Hoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant future
Purdue has a losing record, how are they above the other two?

Old 12-29-2012, 09:34 AM   #5
Ross Mackey

vCash: 750
Ross Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
Purdue has a losing record, how are they above the other two?
As much as I wish I could dispute this--I can't. Purdue's win at Clemson in the ACC/B1G Challenge is worth something, but not enough to overcome the litany of late-game yaaaaaks at this point, IMO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp28 View Post
Wow, BUCKS 5th, tough group!
What's so "tough" about it? what has O$U done to be ranked ahead of any of the other four at this point??

Right now, Minnesota belongs ahead of Illinois, I think.
Ross Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2012, 11:20 AM   #6
yaya551
Administrator

vCash: 30657
yaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm absolutely in love with the fact that we are #1, but I don't feel that we've played a tough enough schedule to prove that 100%. It'll be a tough B1G season with all the talent in this conference and I think those power rankings will change weekly. Nice to see the Gophers doing well again. Been a rough go since Haskins. I can sympathize.
yaya551 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-29-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1430
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Mackey View Post
What's so "tough" about it? what has O$U done to be ranked ahead of any of the other four at this point??
Exactly, tOSU is 5th in that group. I'm just hoping for a good B10 showing come March.

Oh and remember this list is the opinion of .....By Eamonn Brennan | ESPN.com

"This is the final time I will construct a Big Ten power rankings post out of nothing more than nonconference games; Big Ten play begins Monday"........

Old 12-29-2012, 08:58 PM   #8
Guaransheed
Administrator

vCash: 0
Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
Looks pretty fair though I do have to agree that OSU is better than Minny. But we'll see in Big Ten play shortly!
Guaransheed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2012, 02:15 PM   #9
fink
High Fever Club

vCash: 100
fink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaransheed View Post
Looks pretty fair though I do have to agree that OSU is better than Minny. But we'll see in Big Ten play shortly!
They certainly are better.

"You will not win on the road in the B1G" -Ted Valentine
fink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-30-2012, 08:29 PM   #10
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
As an Iowa fan, tomorrow should be a good indicator as far as how far behind we are.