Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > Team Forums > Michigan Wolverines

Old 12-24-2012, 12:29 AM   #21
Guaransheed

vCash: 1600
Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
^ Feels dumb because he had to Google obscurity.

Please tell me how I'll remember starvin Marvin after this season's end...
They'll be a legend patch for him in a few years to always remind you.
Guaransheed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-24-2012, 01:08 AM   #22
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaransheed View Post
Ha... sure.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:54 PM   #23
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
Quote:
My initial response was "Please tell me you're joking," but given that Robinson put up the only 1500 rushing yard/1500 passing yard season in NCAA history, and owns the school's all-time record for total offense, as well as the top two individual offensive seasons in Michigan history, you could be right.

Of course, given that he went from being a 2010 All American to the second-best QB on the roster in 2012, maybe we should hold off on the "legend" talk.

I think Denard is much, much more likely to fade into obscurity now than to be a good pro player, but the same could be said of most college players. I'm simply playing the odds with that statement.
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-27-2012, 08:41 PM   #24
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1275
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Maybe or maybe not -but- he was always one tough, gutty player year after year. I have respect for that.

In the pros who knows, many good, great even Heisman players don't cut it there. He was what "m" needed at that time, no doubt!

Old 12-27-2012, 10:54 PM   #25
Guaransheed

Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by geigerm View Post
My initial response was "Please tell me you're joking," but given that Robinson put up the only 1500 rushing yard/1500 passing yard season in NCAA history, and owns the school's all-time record for total offense, as well as the top two individual offensive seasons in Michigan history, you could be right.

Of course, given that he went from being a 2010 All American to the second-best QB on the roster in 2012, maybe we should hold off on the "legend" talk.

I think Denard is much, much more likely to fade into obscurity now than to be a good pro player, but the same could be said of most college players. I'm simply playing the odds with that statement.
He was what like 90% of the offense when he was here, amassed 500+ yards in how many games, holds like every single top ten single game record, first player for 1500+1500, should have the QB career rushing record if not for a fluke injury, will most likely go down as the second leading rusher EVER in Michigan history, lead a team that should have never gone 11-2 to an 11-2 record, stayed when he should have left, is one of the classiest players to EVER play for Michigan, one of the toughest, grittiest, awe-inspiring guys in the history of Michigan football(we're talking about the winningest program in history) and he holds how many records for that team? And none of you think he deserves a legend patch? If that doesn't deserve a legend patch then what does? I mean he's literally one of the most electric players to ever play the game of football. He re-wrote the record books at the top program in the history of college football, while doing it with class and we're not sure if he deserves to be a legend? Should I go into how he almost never missed a game for most of the "non-revenue" sports, always went to cheer on Michigan basketball because he's a true Michigan man. One of the most humble guys ever to where the winged helmet.

He holds loads of Michigan, Big Ten, and NCAA records. In fact, I'm willing to bet he's got to be close to having the most records in the Big Ten, though I could be way off.

I just can't see how anyone thinks this guy isn't a legend. If Rich Rod stays or heck even just a halfway decent coordinator gets hired then Denard is a heisman winner.

Old 12-28-2012, 12:08 AM   #26
Spartan Pride
Larry Caper

vCash: 200
Spartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
He was what like 90% of the offense when he was here, amassed 500+ yards in how many games, holds like every single top ten single game record, first player for 1500+1500, should have the QB career rushing record if not for a fluke injury, will most likely go down as the second leading rusher EVER in Michigan history, lead a team that should have never gone 11-2 to an 11-2 record, stayed when he should have left, is one of the classiest players to EVER play for Michigan, one of the toughest, grittiest, awe-inspiring guys in the history of Michigan football(we're talking about the winningest program in history) and he holds how many records for that team? And none of you think he deserves a legend patch? If that doesn't deserve a legend patch then what does? I mean he's literally one of the most electric players to ever play the game of football. He re-wrote the record books at the top program in the history of college football, while doing it with class and we're not sure if he deserves to be a legend? Should I go into how he almost never missed a game for most of the "non-revenue" sports, always went to cheer on Michigan basketball because he's a true Michigan man. One of the most humble guys ever to where the winged helmet.

He holds loads of Michigan, Big Ten, and NCAA records. In fact, I'm willing to bet he's got to be close to having the most records in the Big Ten, though I could be way off.

I just can't see how anyone thinks this guy isn't a legend. If Rich Rod stays or heck even just a halfway decent coordinator gets hired then Denard is a heisman winner.
I really, really wanted to agree with you about this. Then I skipped ahead and read the last sentence.
Spartan Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2012, 05:10 AM   #27
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

vCash: 100
Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Quote:

maybe if you got a OC who played to his strengths, but if richrod stayed, there is no way he gets a heisman. They don't give Heisman trophies to QBs on teams with losing records(with the exception of blatent 50s racism).

As for the legend status, I'll leave that debate up to Michigan fans. There are players here at UW that are considered legends, dispite not putting up the best records while here(Crazy Legs Hirch is one, Pat Richter is another), but because what they have done to advance the school itself/the pride they have in being a badger. Stats/win totals isn't everything.

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-28-2012, 01:02 PM   #28
Guaransheed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Pride View Post
I really, really wanted to agree with you about this. Then I skipped ahead and read the last sentence.
Why exactly? I understand he didn't win, but in one season he broke numerous records with Rich Rod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckingham_U View Post
maybe if you got a OC who played to his strengths, but if richrod stayed, there is no way he gets a heisman. They don't give Heisman trophies to QBs on teams with losing records(with the exception of blatent 50s racism).

As for the legend status, I'll leave that debate up to Michigan fans. There are players here at UW that are considered legends, dispite not putting up the best records while here(Crazy Legs Hirch is one, Pat Richter is another), but because what they have done to advance the school itself/the pride they have in being a badger. Stats/win totals isn't everything.
I do agree it actually would have been harder with Rich Rod, but you realize he set records in his first season starting college football as a true sophomore that were insane? It was his first year starting with Rich Rod and you mean to tell me he wasn't going to get better(thus breaking just about every record) in 2 years? A third year starter in the same offense that was basically built for him, after having broken NUMEROUS records in his first starting season? Sorry I don't buy it. Now, I'm happy with the way Michigan is going but Al Borges literally screwed Denard Robinson probably worse than I've seen any player ever screwed. He's not Peyton Manning or Tom Brady but Borges insisted he become them instantly upon arrival(by actions not words), while calling horrid plays. Needless to say, with a decent coordinator Denard COULD have won a heisman.