Old 12-19-2012, 02:37 PM   #61
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

vCash: 100
Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckinut View Post
I dont think many expected him to be at Utah State much longer, but I dont think any of us saw this level of a job being available. If Wisky doesnt give him the resources to pay for a good staff and if he continues the 9-10 win seasons there, I could see him getting an even higher level job in a few years
I think the assistant pay was a bunch of bullshit, to be honest. Bret wanted out of Barry's shadow. Even after going to back to back rose bowls, the fan base still wasn't happy because he couldn't win the bowl games. The underlying comments were always "Barry never had this kind of trouble winning bowl games..." I think he was sick of it, and used the pay as an excuse. When Chryst was here, he was the highest paid assistant in the big ten. Hell, he took a pay cut of around 40% to become the head coach at Pitt. Wisconsin will give him what he needs to succeed. If you do well here, you get paid. Simple as that.

As for the reasoning we've lost so many coaches over the past few years? Well, two of them were head coaching positions, and chryst took most of the staff with him last year and promoted a lot of them(although there were rumors that a lot of the staff left because they were sick of Bret, dunno how true that is).

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt

Last edited by Buckingham_U; 12-19-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2012, 06:41 PM   #62
onlinepole

vCash: 500
onlinepole will become famous soon enoughonlinepole will become famous soon enough
Anderson had UT ST within 7 pts of going to a bcs bowl losing to byu by 3 and wisky by 2. They still almost qualified for a BCS bid and may have if GT has scored on it's last drive of the ACC title game. A 6-6 GT team losses by only 6, got within the red zone. They score and Utah St would have finished ahead of the ACC champ
onlinepole is offline   Reply With Quote