Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMaryland TerrapinsMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersRutgersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > Team Forums > Michigan Wolverines

Old 12-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #11
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighouseblue View Post
Hagerup needs to go. Floyd and Hawthorne are seniors, so their careers have ended effective immediately.
Great way to go out.

Hawthorne didn't really play, but Floyd was one of our top corners and probably had (has?) an outside shot at getting drafted. He'll have fun explaining the suspension to NFL teams, I'm sure.

Hagerup ... what a freakin' waste. The guy's a talented punter who obviously isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 11:54 AM   #12
Guaransheed
Administrator

vCash: 200
Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by geigerm View Post
Great way to go out.

Hawthorne didn't really play, but Floyd was one of our top corners and probably had (has?) an outside shot at getting drafted. He'll have fun explaining the suspension to NFL teams, I'm sure.

Hagerup ... what a freakin' waste. The guy's a talented punter who obviously isn't the sharpest tool in the shed.
Floyd was our 3rd or 4th best corner. Countess was hurt. Taylor is better. If you meant healthy CB then yeah. Floyd has about a 5% chance of being drafted, if he got lucky. No way he would have gone before the late 7th, if at all. And that's if he got lucky. I'm not sure where you're getting that Floyd was ever all that good at all.

Anyways, Hawthorne won't be missed. Floyd will only because Countess is obviously still out for the year and so that doesn't leave many healthy options. Hagerup is most likely done. Wile is a pretty good punter, so whatever. You can't keep making bad decisions and think you can just be forgiven later.
Guaransheed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 12:26 PM   #13
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaransheed View Post
Floyd was our 3rd or 4th best corner. Countess was hurt. Taylor is better. If you meant healthy CB then yeah. Floyd has about a 5% chance of being drafted, if he got lucky. No way he would have gone before the late 7th, if at all. And that's if he got lucky. I'm not sure where you're getting that Floyd was ever all that good at all.
No question that Countess and Taylor are better, but a guy who started all year, even if he got that spot because of injury, still rates the designation "one of our top corners." I never said he was "that good," but I do think he improved significantly throughout his career. Saying he has a 5% chance of being drafted and saying he has an outside shot at being drafted seem like pretty similar statements to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaransheed View Post
Hagerup is most likely done. Wile is a pretty good punter, so whatever. You can't keep making bad decisions and think you can just be forgiven later.
Hagerup should be done, no question. I do think there's a noticeable drop-off from him to Wile--Hagerup averaged 45 yards a punt this past year, whereas Wile's around 40--but Wile's going to have to be good enough.
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 02:12 PM   #14
Hosker

vCash: 500
Hosker has a spectacular aura aboutHosker has a spectacular aura aboutHosker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by geigerm View Post
Great way to go out.

Seattle and Denver will probably still give him/them a look.

Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 PM   #15
Bighouseblue

vCash: 500
Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Public apology from JT....

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/coll...n-cb-j-t-floyd

Quote:
"I would like to take this opportunity to apologize to the University of Michigan, my fans, my friends, my coaches, my teammates, but most importantly, my parents, my daughter, and my family for a poor decision I made this past weekend in celebration of successfully completing my undergraduate degree.

"I have given my heart and soul to this program, and it truly disappointments me that I will not be with my teammates in Florida. This is a deep pain that I am dealing with to the best of my ability. I am 23 years old and despite the successes I've had on and off the field, I made a very uncharacteristic and immature decision. This decision contradicts the expectations that I have set for myself, and the expectations that others have set for me as well. I do sincerely apologize, and I have already started to learn from this experience. I will continue to use this experience as a driving force to become a better man.

"Although I looked forward to finishing my college football career playing against South Carolina in the Outback Bowl, I fully understand the decision Coach Hoke had to make by suspending me from the bowl game. I have called Ann Arbor my home for the last five years, and I can honestly say that everyone here will remain an integral part of my family. I am extremely humbled to be in the position that I am today, and furthermore I know none of this would even be possible without all of your help and support over the years. I am very grateful to have been given the opportunity to successfully complete my degree at the University of Michigan. My family and I are also very appreciative for the support we have received from the staff of the university. I especially want to thank Coach Hoke, our entire football staff, my incredible teammates, and the unbelievable fans that support us each and every day.

"Again, I sincerely apologize for my most recent actions. My last name and reputation mean more to me than words will ever be able to express. I promise to always represent our university with pride, class, dignity, respect, and professionalism. It is through my experiences here at the University of Michigan that I am a better person, and more equipped to prepare myself for the obstacles and challenges that lie ahead.

"I wish the best of luck to Coach Hoke and my teammates in the Outback Bowl, and again, I am sincerely sorry."
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote