Old 12-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #51
Bighouseblue

vCash: 500
Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFan View Post
I hope they go with either a north/south or east/west divisions. Although, If you go with east/west then they west is going to be much more competitive at this time. It reminds me all too much of the Big 12 north/south divisions.
One way or the other, they will never make everyone, every fan base, or every school happy.
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2012, 02:23 PM   #52
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
I bet Rutgers is 1000x happier today about their inclusion in the B1G!

lmao @ the Big lEast. the Big Nothing.
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #53
Drocks
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
That inner-outer thing is so stupid...

Old 12-17-2012, 05:40 PM   #54
fink
High Fever Club

vCash: 100
fink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks View Post
That inner-outer thing is so stupid...
Agreed. East/West makes the most sense, IMO.

"You will not win on the road in the B1G" -Ted Valentine
fink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2012, 06:45 AM   #55
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

vCash: 100
Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fink View Post
Agreed. East/West makes the most sense, IMO.
Agreed. I was actually warm(and still am) to the idea of starting up a real rivalry with PSU and OSU in the division, but going back to playing Iowa/Mn/Nebraska every year just fits better. Adding in Rutgers/Maryland and the East/West divisions make even more sense.

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2012, 08:51 AM   #56
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
I'd also agree on the East/West thing. But we probably have at most 2 or 3 years before we expand again and the whole thing blows up anyway.
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2012, 12:48 PM   #57
onlinepole

onlinepole will become famous soon enoughonlinepole will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
This is when college football becomes just like the NFL and I really start to lose interest. I already quit watching the NFL. It seems to me that the more money involved in a sport, the more corrupt it becomes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances With Gophers View Post
The first round of the 4-team playoff would have to count against the 12-game regular season cap (*assuming no Hawai'i exception appleis). Which means that teams couldn't schedule more than 11 games each season just in case. Which means less $$$ for schools. Which means 4-team playoff won't happen unless the NCAA changes its rulebook. Which is like passing a bill through Congress. Which is just wishful thinking.
The Big 10 and SEC are both going to go to 16 programs per conference which means that 4 pods of 4 teams each will be the preferred breakdown of programs. Whatever the Big 10 & SEC want in college sports they get. You get SEC backing on this and you will see that 12 game limit waived from conference playoffs and title game.

Jeez look at the lower division playoffs FCS plays 11 reg season and if your ND ST or Sam Houston (who are in the title game, you have to play 3 games to get to the championship, that's 14 and the title game is 15. If they can do it so can FBS
onlinepole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2012, 12:53 PM   #58
onlinepole

onlinepole will become famous soon enoughonlinepole will become famous soon enough
If they're going to 16 (and they want to) let's hope the leadership invites 2 programs that actually bring successful teams into the conference. Invite Duke & UNC. Both strong academically, would bring a huge state into the conference. Duke has a Chicagoan as their big rainmaker(Mike K). Should have invited those 2 before they did MD & Rutgers. MD & Rutgers bring almost nothing to the conference in terms of winning sports programs. Duke & UNC are 2 of the most profitable hoops programs and Duke is bowling this year.
onlinepole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 01:29 PM   #59
Bighouseblue

Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
So here is a rumor going over Detroit local sports talk radio:

Per Doug Karsch of 97.1 the Ticket in Detroit... EAST Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, Maryland, Rutgers, Indiana. WEST Wisconsin, Nebraska, Iowa, Northwestern, Illinois, Minnesota. Up in the air is where Michigan State and Purdue end up.
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 02:43 PM   #60
Guaransheed
Administrator

vCash: 200
Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
You have to put Michigan State in the West and Purdue in the East. Easily the best way to do this since they insist on Michigan and OSU being together. You can't have #1, #2, #4 all in the same division. You make it #1, #2, #6 where as the other gets #3, #4, #5 and that's fair. So I'd be ok with it, if MSU ends up in the West.
Guaransheed is offline   Reply With Quote