Old 12-13-2012, 05:29 PM   #51
Drocks
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
Sounds like Al Golden was offered/received interest from Becky, but he said no.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:44 PM   #52
Dances With Gophers

vCash: 100
Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
Then I have newfound respect for Al Golden.
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2012, 05:48 AM   #53
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks View Post
Sounds like Al Golden was offered/received interest from Becky, but he said no.
saw that. too bad, but you have to respect his commitment to the program(even if it's about to sink due to NCAA investigations). Maybe he thinks he can land a better gig/major extention in a year, if he can get Miami to a major bowl.

Latest rumor i heard was Mike Reilly(Oregon St head coach) with Rudolph as OC/head coach in waiting. I'd be ok with that, but i doubt it happens(Reilly is too old to leave OSU at this point).

I'd like Melvin Tucker, as he has been a B1G coach before(under Saben and Tressel), and has UW ties.

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-14-2012, 10:10 AM   #54
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
I have some co-workers and friends that are Badger fans...they have some interesting things to say about all this.

1.) Wisconsin won't pay their Assistant Coaches shit. Thus...they've lost many. Thus Bielima wanted to go to somewhere that will let him pay Assistants a competative salary.

2.) Wisconsin fans are not too upset. They think the same thing everyone else things apparently...Bielima is/was a dick/douche/piece of shit. lol.
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-18-2012, 11:20 PM   #55
ohiobuckinut
Administrator

vCash: 102500
ohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to all
Looking like Gary Anderson as the next head coach. I like the hire. Lots of upset Aggies, especially after what he has done to turn around Utah state.
Aggie Country Here I come this fall! Gig' Em!
ohiobuckinut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2012, 01:37 AM   #56
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckinut View Post
Looking like Gary Anderson as the next head coach. I like the hire. Lots of upset Aggies, especially after what he has done to turn around Utah state.
Agreed. He turned around a Utah State program that was 9-38 in the 4 seasons previous to his hiring. This past year his team went 11-2, and was two missed FGs away from being in a BCS game instead of NIU(including a game here in Madison where they should have won). He was the DC for Utah's 2008 BCS team(finishing #2), and the DL coach under Urban Meyer when they went undefeated in 2004. Staff seems to be pretty loyal to him, as both OC and DC turned down jobs at Cal, Texas Tech and NCSU as they wanted to stay with Anderson(or knew he was leaving and wanted to come with).

He apparently has offered Utah DL coach Chad Kauha’aha’a a job, with both his DC and OC coming with. I'll tell you this, this just made the BYU/UW series much more interesting, especially when we play in Utah.

From what i remember of watching them play UW, they run the spread offense, but it's a ball control style. Will he bring that here? I donno, but i think a combo of spread with our talent in the backfield could be excellent. I'll defer to the Emperor's judgement on this, he knows what he's doing.

My favorite part about all this, was the dumbass reports coming out of the madison media. At first it was "Oh, Anderson is Barry's guy, very interested", then it was "Basic Contact, search is moving on", and finally "UW set to hire Anderson", all within a 4 hour window. Fucking madison media is a joke.

He said "Swag" I'm sold.

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #57
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
That does suck. Wish he woulda stayed at Utah State.

Old 12-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #58
ohiobuckinut
Administrator

ohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKGOLD View Post
That does suck. Wish he woulda stayed at Utah State.
I dont think many expected him to be at Utah State much longer, but I dont think any of us saw this level of a job being available. If Wisky doesnt give him the resources to pay for a good staff and if he continues the 9-10 win seasons there, I could see him getting an even higher level job in a few years

Old 12-19-2012, 11:23 AM   #59
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

I wish Purdue woulda hired Andersen.

Old 12-19-2012, 11:35 AM   #60
ohiobuckinut
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKGOLD View Post
I wish Purdue woulda hired Andersen.
Understand that. I think both the Purdue and Wisconsin hires are good hires for what they have been able to achieve at the programs they took over