Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > Team Forums > Minnesota Golden Gophers

Old 12-04-2012, 03:26 PM   #11
onlinepole

vCash: 500
onlinepole will become famous soon enoughonlinepole will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drocks View Post
Hater
actually i am quite serious about Kill being a fine recruiter. he billed himself as a recruiting machine and many of his recruits are the reason why NIU is playing in Miami on 1/1/13. He did leave a bad taste in Huskie fans mouths with the way he left but his recruits have definitely performed. If he can continue that success at Minnesota, it is possible that the Gophers will be competing for Big 10 titles.
onlinepole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-10-2012, 12:00 PM   #12
Drocks
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinepole View Post
actually i am quite serious about Kill being a fine recruiter. he billed himself as a recruiting machine and many of his recruits are the reason why NIU is playing in Miami on 1/1/13. He did leave a bad taste in Huskie fans mouths with the way he left but his recruits have definitely performed. If he can continue that success at Minnesota, it is possible that the Gophers will be competing for Big 10 titles.
Oh wasn't sure considering the history there hehe.

But he's nabbed another couple of real solid commitments in Nate Andrews from Alabama, and De'Niro Laster from Ohio. Sounds like grades are an issue, but for talent, I'm sure we're willing to take to gamble and see if we can get him in

Old 12-10-2012, 05:25 PM   #13
onlinepole

onlinepole will become famous soon enoughonlinepole will become famous soon enough
Quote:

But he's nabbed another couple of real solid commitments in Nate Andrews from Alabama, and De'Niro Laster from Ohio. Sounds like grades are an issue, but for talent, I'm sure we're willing to take to gamble and see if we can get him in
I have taken the attitude that I don't care if NIU losses their HC every year as long as the Huskies win the conference title. Going to a BCS bowl would be acceptable reason as well.

Arky St has won 3 straight Sunbelt titles and lost their last 3 HC"s. Hasn't stopped them from winning and I doubt it will stop NIU. If Rod Carey wins 2 more MAC titles, I'm sure at the end of the 2nd year he will be gone.

Old 12-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #14
onlinepole

Quote:

This is a sample of the talent Kill recruited to NIU

ALL MAC 2011 1st team
MVP QB Chandler Harnish (Indiana) (draft Indy Colts)
LT Trevor Olsen (Minnesota)
C Scott Wedige (Wisky)
Kicker Matt Sims (Mizzou)

2nd Team
WR Perez Ashford(OH)
RB Jasmin Hopkins (KS JUCO)
DT Shaun Progar
DB Jimmie Ward (alabama)

2012 All MAC selections have not come out yet but I expect even more than these.

Last edited by onlinepole; 12-10-2012 at 05:39 PM. Reason: add on players

Old 12-10-2012, 05:40 PM   #15
onlinepole

Not to mention QB Jordan Lynch who led all QB's in rushing yards this year.

Old 12-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #16
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinepole View Post
Not to mention QB Jordan Lynch who led all QB's in rushing yards this year.
Lynch ended up leading the entire nation in rushing this year, not just for QBs.
desertrat218 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-13-2012, 05:26 PM   #17
Drocks
Forum Moderator

Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
Another commit, JUCO LB Damien Wilson.

That puts us up to 14, and I'm pretty sure we're getting close to the scholarship limit here, if you were to assume all these guys actually end up here, which I doubt.

Old 12-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #18
Drocks
Forum Moderator

So Nate Andrews from Alabama, got an Alabama offer, and everyone assumes he's good as gone. So far, he's remained committed to us, but I think he is planning on taking a visit there, so after that point, who knows. Let's just say I'm not counting on him

JUCO Damien Wilson is signed on and will be on campus for spring ball.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:40 PM   #19
onlinepole

When you are recruiting and getting commitments from talent that programs as high up the food chain as Alabama are then offering; you know that your recruiters and talent evaluators are doing a great job.

Old 12-23-2012, 01:47 PM   #20
onlinepole

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertrat218 View Post
Lynch ended up leading the entire nation in rushing this year, not just for QBs.
Yep incredible that he's had a better year in 12 than Chandler Harnish ever had for NIU and Harnish was the MAC MVP last year and is on the Colts roster.

Lynch has another year next year. Much of the O is returning and the Huskies are odds on favorite for a 3rd consecutive MAC title. Looking forward to the NIU Husker series starting in Soldier Field on 9/24/16 then at Lincoln on 9/2/17 and in 19. There will be thousands traveling for both teams.