Old 12-06-2012, 10:44 PM   #31
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
Jesus... look at you tools. Did I say "great" coach? Did I say "best eva"? No. I said good coach. Does that mean better than Meyer? No. Does that mean top 10 in the nation? No. I said fucking good, stupid(s). He's blown some leads? Show me a coach that hasn't (Except the newest leader of Satan's army). I don't know how he'll do at Arkansas. He'll probably fail just like every other B1G coach would. The exception being Meyer, for obvious reasons. He went to three Rose Bowl's in a row when the league was down... yeah, and every other program had the same opportunity and failed. Actually Nebraska failed miserably. So how bad of a coach is he? Ya know, since Arkansas just threw $5.5 mil at him for no other reason other than he took Wiscy to the Rose Bowl three years in a row.

Old 12-06-2012, 11:29 PM   #32
ohiobuckinut
Administrator

vCash: 105000
ohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to allohiobuckinut is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
Jesus... look at you tools. Did I say "great" coach? Did I say "best eva"? No. I said good coach. Does that mean better than Meyer? No. Does that mean top 10 in the nation? No. I said fucking good, stupid(s). He's blown some leads? Show me a coach that hasn't (Except the newest leader of Satan's army). I don't know how he'll do at Arkansas. He'll probably fail just like every other B1G coach would. The exception being Meyer, for obvious reasons. He went to three Rose Bowl's in a row when the league was down... yeah, and every other program had the same opportunity and failed. Actually Nebraska failed miserably. So how bad of a coach is he? Ya know, since Arkansas just threw $5.5 mil at him for no other reason other than he took Wiscy to the Rose Bowl three years in a row.
5.5? I read 3.2 per year
Aggie Country Here I come this fall! Gig' Em!
ohiobuckinut is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #33
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobuckinut View Post
5.5? I read 3.2 per year
I'm probably wrong. I read 5.5 somewhere.

Edit: You're right. I don't know where I got that number.

Old 12-07-2012, 01:22 AM   #34
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
I'm probably wrong. I read 5.5 somewhere.

Edit: You're right. I don't know where I got that number.
Go back to post #4 of this thread. I knew I had seen the same thing.
desertrat218 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 AM   #35
Dances With Gophers

vCash: 100
Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
Brad Childress is the new coach at Wisconsin. Announcement will be made on Sunday evening. Alvarez will still coach the Rose Bowl; Childress won't be expected to be on the sidelines or booth but rather focus on assembling his staff and getting a start on recruiting.

WOW!!!

As a Minnesota fan, I would love if this were true.
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 02:32 AM   #36
IowaHawkeye
Rip City is Back!

IowaHawkeye has a spectacular aura aboutIowaHawkeye has a spectacular aura about
No way Paul Chryst was coming back to Wisconsin. Barry helped him land that gig in Pitt and it took a lot of friendships to facilitate that happening.

CubFans

http://www.facebook.com/cudashots
IowaHawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 09:50 AM   #37
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeye View Post
No way Paul Chryst was coming back to Wisconsin. Barry helped him land that gig in Pitt and it took a lot of friendships to facilitate that happening.
Yeah, and Alvarez said as much, which I think is to his credit.

Any rumors of names that might actually happen yet?
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-07-2012, 01:18 PM   #38
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by geigerm View Post

As Gophers already said, Brad Childress has become the hot rumor.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/ja...y-at-wisconsin
desertrat218 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 01:34 AM   #39
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard

Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
I've been out of town for the past week, so i'll throw my thoughts into one quick post. Most guys my age viewed Bret as a coach who would win in the regular season, and shit the bed in the post season(2-4 bowl record for christ's sake). I never liked the guy from a personal standpoint(as i've pointed out many times here, the guy was a D-bag), but 3 straight Conference titles and .739 winning pct speaks volumes. I always thought his demeanor actually put a bad light on UW, but arrogance is a part of coaching. All of them have it, most just don't show it like BB does.

Barry isn't going to rush out there and hire someone to fill the spot. He'll find a guy who fits the program, and we will move forward. I wanted Chryst, but i respect Barry's choice not to burn that bridge. BA pulled a lot of strings to get Paul that job, and it wouldn't be right to do that. Alverez/Wisconsin is better than that, and I'm proud of his decision as i think it shows

As for why he left, money is a big one. I think it speaks volumes of the type of person Bret is, as he never informed Barry about the job offer until after he accepted. Ark's AD also never called Barry to ask permission/let him know he was planning to interview BB for the position. That is a bit shocking, as it's a common courtesy when interviewing a Coach who is currently employed.

Also, whoever said the program was trending down after Chyst left needs to learn what a small sample size is. It's been ONE year, and we lost 5 games by a combined 16 points. It's not like the program was losing to MAC schools or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geigerm View Post

Boise State's Chris Peterson is expected to interview for the job on Monday(I'd love that, but i don't expect it), but there were conflicting reports on that one. Al Golden is a name i've heard as well. I like him, and i think he gets a bad rap in Miami. Joe Rudolph is also in the running.

I read that within 5 minutes of bret calling him and telling him he accepted the job, Barry had the agent of a HC on the phone and scheduling an interview. I've heard many talking heads want a "Wisconsin guy" like Bevell. If he fits, fine. But i don't buy into that "We need a guy who went to school here" bullshit. Give me a guy who is going to win us some BCS games, i don't care what school he went to.

As far as the Rose Bowl, i think this actually helps us. Barry gave a speech(for those that don't know, Barry is one hell of a public speaker) the day after Bret left, and some of the players tweeted that they had never seen so many guys pumped up for a practice.

Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-09-2012, 06:05 AM   #40
Dances With Gophers

Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
They didn't win the Division this year so much as they lucked into it. Just ask any PSU/aOSU fan.
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote