Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > BigTen Fever > The Tailgate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes

 
Old 11-23-2012, 05:50 PM   #31
Drocks
Forum Moderator
 
Drocks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 4,851
vCash: 200
Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinepole View Post
I was hoping she was going to get sent packing like Alan West did. Well one out of 2 isn't bad
A lotta rich folks in that district, it'll be tough to get her out lol. It was close this year, like a 51/49 type vote this year.
__________________
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vt2i0ts-uck
Drocks is offline   Reply With Quote

 
Old 11-26-2012, 06:38 PM   #32
onlinepole
Senior Member
 
onlinepole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NW burbs of Chicago
Posts: 2,218
vCash: 500
onlinepole will become famous soon enoughonlinepole will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
What's funny is that one of the biggest reasons people didn't like Perot was because he wanted to put up some kind of fence/barricade on the Mexico/U.S. border because of the potential negative affects on our country from illegal immigration. Especially economy wise. Everybody thought that was a crazy idea. Oh, the irony.

I didn't think he was crazy at all, he was business but not out of touch with the average person. He didn't push a heavy social agenda either. Would have made a good President
onlinepole is offline   Reply With Quote

 
Old 11-26-2012, 06:39 PM   #33
onlinepole
Senior Member
 
onlinepole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NW burbs of Chicago
Posts: 2,218
vCash: 500
onlinepole will become famous soon enoughonlinepole will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by geigerm View Post
Hey, where there's a will, there's a way.
The Justice Dept under President Bush sure knew how to.
onlinepole is offline   Reply With Quote

 
Old 11-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #34
onlinepole
Senior Member
 
onlinepole's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: NW burbs of Chicago
Posts: 2,218
vCash: 500
onlinepole will become famous soon enoughonlinepole will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
I agree with one thing out of that... Romney was a bad nominee. Out of Bush's war in Iraq? Have I missed something? I have two buddies in two seperate Marine Corps units that are there right now. One just left a few months ago. I have another buddy that just left for crapghanistan... and let me clue you in on something else... the president doesn't have shit to to do with "getting" anybody. Zero to do with it. If that's the case, he is fully responsible for "Fast and Furious" (Even though dems and liberals have been him to no fault.) and needs to be impeached or resign immediately. Everybody wants to blame Bush for the economy... haha! Bitches, please! Pat your playboy, Clinton, on the back for a lot of that.
1) Fast and Furious was started by the Bush Justice Department.

2) All US ground troope except for advisors are supposed to be out of Iraq. Thousands of troops have been withdrawn there can be no argument about that.

3) Afghanistan is not Iraq I said that troops had been withdrawn from Iraq.
4) The President has nothing to do with "getting anybody" well President Obama had to make the decision to take the shot to kill him, that much we do know. US operatives during his administration have killed far more terrorists than the previous administration, There can be no argument about that.

5) President Clinton handed President Bush a budget surplus which was at least partially due to the tax increases imposed on the top 2$. Bush due to his suck up mentality felt he had to cut their taxes. If it' ain't broke he shouldn't have tried to "fix it" Secondly he put 2 wars off the budget which drove up our national debt tremendously.

You want to talk impeachment, how about lying America into a war, starting an afghan war without putting it on the budget, the intelligence failure that was 9/11 (3000 dead on American soil) and of course the massive screw up that was the response to Katrina. America's worst president dating back to Hoover.

President Obama has had a ton of garbage to clean up and he's done a far better than average job at doing it while being obstructed by a party whose goal was to make him a 1 term president. Epic failure republicons.
onlinepole is offline   Reply With Quote

 
Old 11-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #35
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!
 
ThePinkUnicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,369
vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinepole View Post
1) Fast and Furious was started by the Bush Justice Department.

2) All US ground troope except for advisors are supposed to be out of Iraq. Thousands of troops have been withdrawn there can be no argument about that.

3) Afghanistan is not Iraq I said that troops had been withdrawn from Iraq.
4) The President has nothing to do with "getting anybody" well President Obama had to make the decision to take the shot to kill him, that much we do know. US operatives during his administration have killed far more terrorists than the previous administration, There can be no argument about that.

5) President Clinton handed President Bush a budget surplus which was at least partially due to the tax increases imposed on the top 2$. Bush due to his suck up mentality felt he had to cut their taxes. If it' ain't broke he shouldn't have tried to "fix it" Secondly he put 2 wars off the budget which drove up our national debt tremendously.

You want to talk impeachment, how about lying America into a war, starting an afghan war without putting it on the budget, the intelligence failure that was 9/11 (3000 dead on American soil) and of course the massive screw up that was the response to Katrina. America's worst president dating back to Hoover.

President Obama has had a ton of garbage to clean up and he's done a far better than average job at doing it while being obstructed by a party whose goal was to make him a 1 term president. Epic failure republicons.
1. "Fast and Furious" was started in 2006 and ran in to 2011. The heap of shit was happening in 2009. Do the math.

2. Thousands of troops have been withdrawn... all while Obama and your brilliant, collectively overweight and lazy, do nothing congress pass a bill that has disallowed U.S. troops to continue training said Iraqi forces put in place. Countdown to re-invasion...

3. That's swell... the longevity of that "conflict" surpasses Iraq.

4. Bwahahaha! I see you watch movies and mainstream news outlets... you're at the (just the) tip of the spear. The "Commander in Chief" has zero bearing on combat missions. Little known fact: the "Commander in Chief" has no say even over ROE's. Also, not getting OBL has more to do with the shady Pakistan government than it does Bush's shortcomings. I could go on and on with this, but I'll stop short of a novel by saying the president plays the most unimportant role in combat operations. I know because I've been there and I know who does what and who doesn't.

5. And then Bush had in place and handed Barry his debt plan (which most renowned economists believed to be the best that could be offered) and Barry canned it the first chance he got. Then Barry goes and stacks trillions more (more than both Bush terms put together.... and the term before that... and before that... etc.) debt on top of already existed debt... in less than one term. Brilliant!

P.S. I don't believe that natural disasters are a federal issue. They're a state issue. Never were they a federal issue until Katrina. Go figure. Obama has stacked even more garbage on top of garbage... that's something to hang your hat on. What's even funnier... democrats (Hippy, socialist liberals) fail to talk about the fed and NAFTA.
__________________
Hugs, not drugs
ThePinkUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote

 
Old 11-26-2012, 08:08 PM   #36
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!
 
ThePinkUnicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,369
vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
P.S.S. Barry wants to rape you of your liberties and drive you in to poverty so as to enforce socialism (communism). Thanks to the lazy congress (that does something right every once in a great while) and entities like the NRA, it's not going to happen... yet.
__________________
Hugs, not drugs
ThePinkUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote

 
Old 11-27-2012, 04:49 AM   #37
Buckingham_U
Chief Drunkard
 
Buckingham_U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,277
vCash: 100
Buckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud ofBuckingham_U has much to be proud of
Are you people actually debating who was the worse president? Bush or Obama? That's a terribly depressing debate, as both were/are shit. I'll give Obama some credit, he actually is a democrat. Bush was the biggest fucking RINO we've ever had as president.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
5. And then Bush had in place and handed Barry his debt plan (which most renowned economists believed to be the best that could be offered) and Barry canned it the first chance he got.
Would you mind sharing that plan with me? I don't remember it, and couldn't find it online. The only thing i remember Obama relating to Bush's economic plan was the Tax cut, when he extended them in his first term.

Quote:
Then Barry goes and stacks trillions more (more than both Bush terms put together.... and the term before that... and before that... etc.) debt on top of already existed debt... in less than one term. Brilliant!
That's actually not true. When Obama took office on Jan 20th 2009, the national debt was 10.6 Trillion, as of today, it's 16.2 trillion. Now, that's a LOT of money, way more than we should have spent. But it's also no where near double to amount of the debt he took over. Is it more than any president ever as far as actually dollars? Yes. It beats out bush's total over his 8 years of 4.93. Now, if we are talking inceasing the debt by percentages, then Obama is actually still under Bush, who rose the debt 86%(Obama is somewhere around 50%, which is near what the first Bush had in his 4 years). Hopefully that total goes down over the next 4 years. I don't expect it to though.

Quote:
P.S. I don't believe that natural disasters are a federal issue. They're a state issue. Never were they a federal issue until Katrina.
More proof of Bush being a RINO, IMO. Needless expansion of Gov't power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
P.S.S. Barry wants to rape you of your liberties and drive you in to poverty so as to enforce socialism (communism). Thanks to the lazy congress (that does something right every once in a great while) and entities like the NRA, it's not going to happen... yet.
Thank the lobbists like the NRA more than Congress. The last 12 years have given me little reason to believe that they hold less power than the congressmen themselves. Who you elect is almost irrelevent, which lobby you give your money to determines what gets done.
__________________


Everyday is a great day to be a Badger.

"I just returned from the greatest college sports town in the nation... Madison, Wisconsin." ~Scott Van Pelt
Buckingham_U is offline   Reply With Quote

 
Old 11-27-2012, 07:03 PM   #38
Ross Mackey
Senior Member
 
Ross Mackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: location, location...
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 750
Ross Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
...4. Bwahahaha! I see you watch movies and mainstream news outlets... you're at the (just the) tip of the spear. The "Commander in Chief" has zero bearing on combat missions.
Except that (in the case of the OBL mission) he AUTHORIZED it.....no way does JSF or the SEAL team get anywhere near Abbottabad unless the President green-lights the operation. This is how the world works--Obama gets the credit for OBL, just like Bush got the credit for Sadaam, like Reagan got credit for Noreiga--on and on thru history..

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
...... I could go on and on with this, but I'll stop short of a novel by saying the president plays the most unimportant role in combat operations. I know because I've been there and I know who does what and who doesn't.
With all due respect to your military service--lose the horseshit condescension-- you were "there" because you signed up for it, and ultimately because the President, exercising his Executive authority, ordered you and your fellow heroes to be "there"... therefore, he's the one who is ultimately responsible to We the People for whatever happens--bad AND GOOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
.....P.S. I don't believe that natural disasters are a federal issue. They're a state issue. Never were they a federal issue until Katrina. Go figure. ...
Patently false--Ever heard of FEMA? I'm pretty sure it's kinda been around for awhile, making all sorts of natural disasters a "Federal" issue..

read and learn--wiki is your friend: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal...agement_Agency

Last edited by Ross Mackey; 11-27-2012 at 07:24 PM.
Ross Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote

 
Old 11-27-2012, 07:23 PM   #39
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!
 
ThePinkUnicorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Iowa
Posts: 3,369
vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross Mackey View Post
Except that (in the case of the OBL mission) he AUTHORIZED it.....no way does JSF or the SEAL team get anywhere near Abbottabad unless the President green-lights the operation. This is how the world works--Obama gets the credit for OBL, just like Bush got the credit for Sadaam, like Reagan got credit for Noreiga--on and on thru history..



With all due respect to your military service--lose the horseshit condescension-- you were "there" because you signed up for it, and ultimately because the President, exercising his Executive authority, ordered you and your fellow heroes to be "there"... therefore, he's the one who is ultimately responsible to We the People for whatever happens--bad AND GOOD
You say that like I didn't want to be there... while it definitely had its shitty moments, I wanted to be there. The Afghanistan deployment was a little less fun because of the politics. I don't disagree with the invasion of either country. I most definitely disagree with the longevity of the occupation though. We've benefited from every conflict and/or war up until Afghanistan. I blame it on the hippy whistle blowers. "We went over there for oil!"... so fucking what? To the victors go the spoils. "Innocent people have died/are dying!"... yeah. It's fucking combat. That's what happens outside of the world of Call of Duty. You civilians are so out of touch with what really goes on. It's ridiculous. If you're going to give Barry credit, better give congress the same credit.
__________________
Hugs, not drugs
ThePinkUnicorn is offline   Reply With Quote

 
Old 11-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #40
Ross Mackey
Senior Member
 
Ross Mackey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: location, location...
Posts: 1,700
vCash: 750
Ross Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
You say that like I didn't want to be there... while it definitely had its shitty moments, I wanted to be there. The Afghanistan deployment was a little less fun because of the politics. I don't disagree with the invasion of either country. I most definitely disagree with the longevity of the occupation though. We've benefited from every conflict and/or war up until Afghanistan. I blame it on the hippy whistle blowers. "We went over there for oil!"... so fucking what? To the victors go the spoils. "Innocent people have died/are dying!"... yeah. It's fucking combat. That's what happens outside of the world of Call of Duty. You civilians are so out of touch with what really goes on. It's ridiculous. If you're going to give Barry credit, better give congress the same credit.
I give thanks and credit to you and your fellow heroes every day for what you are called to do (my father flew P-38 fighters in the South Pacific, and my older brother is retired military who busted his ass for 35 years keeping our strategic bomber fleet ready at a moment's notice)....

Again, however, lose the horseshit condescension; nothing I wrote above is incorrect and you know it -- regardless of whether you like it, or choose to acknowledge it.
Ross Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.