Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMaryland TerrapinsMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersRutgersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > BigTen Fever > Big Ten Forum

Old 11-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #11
OSUBuckeye4Life
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
OSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud of
I was told Georgia Tech was never really considered. Used the name to make Maryland act quicker, but no real consideration.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:11 PM   #12
Hosker

vCash: 500
Hosker has a spectacular aura aboutHosker has a spectacular aura aboutHosker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
This smells like... desperation. I can think of quite a few other additions I would rather have than any of the latest 4.
Lol, zing.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:48 AM   #13
Dances With Gophers

vCash: 100
Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
AJ Barker's mom's best friend told me that this is all much ado about nothing, so I wouldn't worry too much.
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2012, 08:43 AM   #14
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaransheed View Post
How?
Well, I think Rutgers is absolute crap all around, so pretty much any school would trump bringing them in.

I'm pretty sure both schools are much, much better academically. Georgia Tech has actually fielded something resembling a competitive football team in recent history.

I guess I spoke too quickly on Virginia--not quite sure what I was thinking there, as academic success is about all they bring to the table. And I think they'd be kind of redundant now that Maryland has joined, since Maryland gets at least a piece of the DC market. So ... forget I said anything about them.
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2012, 09:51 AM   #15
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
Virginia (I've been told) is a top-notch academic school...AAU member, good research...all that shit.

Athletics...well..we all know they suck. G.Tech sucks at athletics as well...decent school.

G.Tech would be more about trying to get the B1G into the south...Atlanta TV Market...recruiting in the region where the best recruits come from.

Still...meh.
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #16
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances With Gophers View Post
AJ Barker's mom's best friend told me that this is all much ado about nothing, so I wouldn't worry too much.
If AJ Barker's mom's best friend said that, then we know nothing is going to happen!
desertrat218 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #17
onlinepole

vCash: 500
onlinepole will become famous soon enoughonlinepole will become famous soon enough
Maryland, Rutgers, Georgia Tech and Virginia; 4 programs whose teams couldn't beat the best of the MAC in either football or basketball. How are any of these 4 an upgrade or sound addition for the Big 10?

Rutgers hasn't won a BE football or hoops title, Maryland has been bad in the ACC football wise they will be a doormat in the Big 10 and their hoops program has gone downhill.

VA also is bad in both major sports, GaTech will represent their division in the ACC title game but may sport a 6-6 record!

onlinepole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2012, 07:38 PM   #18
Ross Mackey

vCash: 750
Ross Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond reputeRoss Mackey has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by geigerm View Post
I'll believe this when I see it in a few more places. With that said, both Virginia and Georgia Tech bring more to the table than our newest additions.
This.

UVA and Tech are academic powerhouses that could very easily become consistent Top 15 football AND/OR hoops schools, with the influx of BTN cash

No offense to our newest brothers, but from a prestige standpoint, these two would be far and away the most impressive additions since PSU signed on.
Ross Mackey is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2012, 07:41 PM   #19
Dances With Gophers

vCash: 100
Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
Anyone else now hearing rumors of Kansas and UNC? WTF is going on back there?!
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-21-2012, 10:52 PM   #20
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances With Gophers View Post
Anyone else now hearing rumors of Kansas and UNC? WTF is going on back there?!
What? Now you're just toying with emotions.

Why not Pitt? I don't get it. Makes more sense than any of the 6 that have been rumored so far.