Old 11-20-2012, 08:43 AM   #11
Guaransheed
Administrator

vCash: 200
Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances With Gophers View Post
I'm sure I'll hear all about it on your Twitter feed that's linked to your blog

I said "in general", so settle down, Beavis.

Those of us who are old enough to make comparisons based on actual experience know what I'm talkin' 'bout, Willis.
I don't have a twitter or a blog, though I know you were being sarcastic. I've got a best friend in the military who's done 4 tours now and is still in his early 20's. If you ever want to tell him about how this generation is a bunch of punks, he said he'll come visit anytime.

Also what's your generation? The hippies? The draft run aways(and you think WE'RE punks)? Or what? I actually agree with Pink for once, it's the "hippy" peace era that made the country "soft" in a lot of ways. But, I know TONS of people who are probably way less "punks" then you'll ever dream about.

Do you even know what the word punk means? I just love how you lump everyone into a general term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePinkUnicorn View Post
Agree 100% I could go on a huge rant and make case in points, but I'll save my strength. My mother's generation, and the generations before hers, are disgusted by you people. I've said it before and I'll say it again, this country's demise started with the Vietnam era hippy movement.
"You people." Who's you people? Please lump me in and tell me exactly how I am and act and think. I'd love to see you try. It'll be quite hilariously wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1G View Post
Complete crap. You can't take one kid and broadbrush an entire generation. I'm in my fifites and there are plenty of poor excuses for a human being in mine.

That said, this particular kid could be a piece of crap, and I wouldn't indict the Minnesota staff until I see a pattern.
It is complete crap but some of the "older" folk think they're high and mighty and we're all just a bunch of punk kids with no manners who grew up getting told the world revolved around us and we could have our way no matter what. Well guess what? There's people that are like that in every generation, but these guys are clearly too close minded and biased to understand that. Not to mention, I guarantee there's not much about how I or many of my friends were raised compared to most in the older generations.
Guaransheed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2012, 09:56 AM   #12
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

vCash: 900
ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
I don't care about you, child. "I'm not in to politics."... ha! Tells me everything I need to know. That sums up your shit generation. "Don't know, don't care". They need to implement a draft again. Shit would change real quick. If you knew half as much about what really matters as opposed to what you think you know about college sports (Ermergherrrd! Idiots!), you would be a lot better off. If you don't like being lumped in to that big pile of shit that is your generation, then do something about it. You probably didn't even fucking vote. Yet I'm sure you'll say you did.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:57 AM   #13
Hoosierfan
Defender of The Rock

vCash: 100
Hoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant futureHoosierfan has a brilliant future
Every generation complains about the ones that comes after it. I can't wait to be 65 and complain about "kids these days".

Old 11-20-2012, 10:00 AM   #14
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

ThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to beholdThePinkUnicorn is a splendid one to behold
The obsession with social networking, the interwebs in general, and video games has a lot to do with it. Coupled with crap parenting.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:21 AM   #15
Guaransheed
Administrator

Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
Quote:
I don't care about you, child. "I'm not in to politics."... ha! Tells me everything I need to know. That sums up your shit generation. "Don't know, don't care". They need to implement a draft again. Shit would change real quick. If you knew half as much about what really matters as opposed to what you think you know about college sports (Ermergherrrd! Idiots!), you would be a lot better off. If you don't like being lumped in to that big pile of shit that is your generation, then do something about it. You probably didn't even fucking vote. Yet I'm sure you'll say you did.
I'm not into arguing politics would be a better way to say it. I hate people who use facebook(people in their 30's or 40's mainly) as their advertisement for such and such because blah blah blah. Then people argue and fight on there, like they're five. So yes, in that way I'm not into politics. I don't want to discuss politics with anyone, I don't want your politics shoved up me. I understand people have opinions about politics which is fine. It's when 30 and 40 year olds start arguing like idiots on facebook or out in public about politics when I can't stand it. I'll vote for who I vote for and I'll keep it to myself. I don't want to discuss it with anyone and I certainly don't want to argue. In the end, the people who win may matter some but not as much as people want to believe. As a whole, yes. But ONE person hardly is going to change the entire United States, but people certainly will argue it and believe and vote for their guy or girl. Which is fine, I just don't want any part of the negative ads or the bickering on facebook. I know full well about the people I vote for(like actually know, not just seeing stupid ads), and I am fine with that. But I'd rather not let that cause me to lose a friend. Some people were being so stupid during this election they were telling others if they were going to vote for Obama or Romney to never speak to them again. Seriously? Over one guy who you don't even know? Sounds logical to me.

Also, what would you like me to do sweetheart? Because you know exactly what I do, stand for, work towards, and how I go about life right? Get a clue man, you're lumping me in saying I'm doing nothing about it, when for all you know I could be doing everything humanly possible. How much do you know about me? Literally next to NOTHING. That proves a lot of things. How stupid you are that you think you have a magic ball to see what I'm doing in life. To once again prove your bias that before you even know me, you go ahead and lump me in. And then to be willing to say that on here and act like you're some wonderful human being just because you were born a little earlier than me? Age doesn't matter and you're only showing how dumb you are by acting like I am something I'm not when you literally don't know me. I could set here and lump you into some fun generalizations if you want, but I'm above that because outside of sports talk, I don't really know you. But, your generation is all knowing right? So, I'm sure you've got me figured out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosierfan View Post
Every generation complains about the ones that comes after it. I can't wait to be 65 and complain about "kids these days".
Truth.

Quote:
The obsession with social networking, the interwebs in general, and video games has a lot to do with it. Coupled with crap parenting.
Crap parenting? So, then generation before us is to blame then?
Guaransheed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2012, 11:05 AM   #16
fink
High Fever Club

vCash: 100
fink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of lightfink is a glorious beacon of light
Well, this has gotten way off topic. Back to AJ Barker:

He certainly doesn't make himself more attractive to coaches at the schools that he wants to go to, especially since he butted heads with his high school coach as well. The only thing in the report that truly bothered me was the assistant coach that allegedly called AJ a gay slur due to his religious beliefs. Beyond that it seems as though AJ cannot handle being coached, and the fact that he and his family attempted to refuse the team MRI and instead wanted to do that on their own suggests a great deal of paranoia, as well as an over-involvement from his parents.

I also enjoy that in his radio interviews he mentions that none of this would have happened if he had been given a scholarship after the UNLV game (he had 4 CAREER catches at that point), but in his 4,000 word tumblr rant he says "I'm not looking for a hand out. My father is proud to pay my tuition."

I also enjoyed that he said he'd be willing to meet with Kill provided that his parents and someone named "Norward Teague" were there. The AD's name is Norwood, AJ.

"You will not win on the road in the B1G" -Ted Valentine
fink is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-20-2012, 11:54 AM   #17
ThePinkUnicorn
Hata's gonna hate!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guaransheed View Post
I'm not into arguing politics would be a better way to say it. I hate people who use facebook(people in their 30's or 40's mainly) as their advertisement for such and such because blah blah blah. Then people argue and fight on there, like they're five. So yes, in that way I'm not into politics. I don't want to discuss politics with anyone, I don't want your politics shoved up me. I understand people have opinions about politics which is fine. It's when 30 and 40 year olds start arguing like idiots on facebook or out in public about politics when I can't stand it. I'll vote for who I vote for and I'll keep it to myself. I don't want to discuss it with anyone and I certainly don't want to argue. In the end, the people who win may matter some but not as much as people want to believe. As a whole, yes. But ONE person hardly is going to change the entire United States, but people certainly will argue it and believe and vote for their guy or girl. Which is fine, I just don't want any part of the negative ads or the bickering on facebook. I know full well about the people I vote for(like actually know, not just seeing stupid ads), and I am fine with that. But I'd rather not let that cause me to lose a friend. Some people were being so stupid during this election they were telling others if they were going to vote for Obama or Romney to never speak to them again. Seriously? Over one guy who you don't even know? Sounds logical to me.

Also, what would you like me to do sweetheart? Because you know exactly what I do, stand for, work towards, and how I go about life right? Get a clue man, you're lumping me in saying I'm doing nothing about it, when for all you know I could be doing everything humanly possible. How much do you know about me? Literally next to NOTHING. That proves a lot of things. How stupid you are that you think you have a magic ball to see what I'm doing in life. To once again prove your bias that before you even know me, you go ahead and lump me in. And then to be willing to say that on here and act like you're some wonderful human being just because you were born a little earlier than me? Age doesn't matter and you're only showing how dumb you are by acting like I am something I'm not when you literally don't know me. I could set here and lump you into some fun generalizations if you want, but I'm above that because outside of sports talk, I don't really know you. But, your generation is all knowing right? So, I'm sure you've got me figured out.

Truth.

Crap parenting? So, then generation before us is to blame then?
I don't know you. I don't have to in order to make a GENERALIZATION. Your generation sucks. Prove otherwise. Blah, blah, blah, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. Why so defensive? Because you know it's an accurate generalization.

What has my generation done? Oh, I don't know... just joined the military during a period of time when the military didn't have much of anything to offer in terms of education, etc. (Now, that's about the only way to get these turds to join.)
Invaded and "liberated" the Afghanistan people from child molesters, woman beaters/suppressors, and terrorists.

Kosovo

Invaded and "liberated" the Iraqi people from (see above).

Etc. Etc. Etc.

And no, said turds parents are to blame. I wasn't raised that way. There have been significant "restrictions" put on parenting.

Old 11-20-2012, 01:47 PM   #18
Drocks
Forum Moderator

Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fink View Post
Well, this has gotten way off topic. Back to AJ Barker:

He certainly doesn't make himself more attractive to coaches at the schools that he wants to go to, especially since he butted heads with his high school coach as well. The only thing in the report that truly bothered me was the assistant coach that allegedly called AJ a gay slur due to his religious beliefs. Beyond that it seems as though AJ cannot handle being coached, and the fact that he and his family attempted to refuse the team MRI and instead wanted to do that on their own suggests a great deal of paranoia, as well as an over-involvement from his parents.

I also enjoy that in his radio interviews he mentions that none of this would have happened if he had been given a scholarship after the UNLV game (he had 4 CAREER catches at that point), but in his 4,000 word tumblr rant he says "I'm not looking for a hand out. My father is proud to pay my tuition."

I also enjoyed that he said he'd be willing to meet with Kill provided that his parents and someone named "Norward Teague" were there. The AD's name is Norwood, AJ.
Haha, off topic indeed. Gotta admit, I didn't see this thread evolving into a discussion on generations and which is better

Barker is clearly all about himself. Whether Kill was in the wrong or the right, it is obvious to me that this kid is extremely selfish, and when he feels slighted by "the man", he has no problems creating ruckus. He's now laid a huge distraction on his former teammates (many of which I'm sure are his friends), and it wasn't even necessary. There were so many other ways to do this without being so self-centered and without jeopardizing his teammates and their prep for the MSU game. At least do it after that so they have time to figure things out before the bowl game.