Old 11-19-2012, 12:39 PM   #71
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
Please not Rutgers. Please, please, please. What a fucking waste of time.
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #72
Bighouseblue

vCash: 500
Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskerFan View Post
I don't see the big four (Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State and Nebraska) being moved from the current divisions they are in unless one of them is swapped with another school. I would prefer to see Michigan and Ohio State in the same division and get rid of the permanent cross over rival game.
No offense to PSU, but they are going to fade to mediocrity for a long time to come. That would leave this as a possible scenario (until we add more teams):

East
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
MSU
OSU
Penn State
Rutgers

West
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Wisconsin
Bighouseblue is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 01:01 PM   #73
OSUBuckeye4Life
Forum Moderator

vCash: 100
OSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud of
Adding those markets, and thus weakening the ACC, we are still trying for ND. Texas is e other "big fish" we are hunting. Of course this is speculation, from people I trust, but speculation at best.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:20 PM   #74
Bighouseblue

Bighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud ofBighouseblue has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckeye4Life View Post
Adding those markets, and thus weakening the ACC, we are still trying for ND. Texas is e other "big fish" we are hunting. Of course this is speculation, from people I trust, but speculation at best.
I've heard so many things, here are just a few:

--The B1G is trying to weaken the ACC, because of ND joining....and it will leave 4 Super-conferences: B1G, PAC, SEC and B12.

--Adding Maryland and Rutgers locks down the East Coast for the B1G, and prevents another super-conference from coming into their footprint.

--We might try to now add North Carolina and Duke, from a Basketball perspective.

--Another theory has the B1G going after Georgia Tech, to land the huge Atlanta market and to establish some ground in the South-East (and they have strong academics)

--Oklahoma and Oklahoma State may try to join the B1G, trying to beat Texas/Missouri or any other team to the punch.

Old 11-19-2012, 01:30 PM   #75
HuskerFan
Forum Moderator

vCash: 100
HuskerFan has a spectacular aura aboutHuskerFan has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighouseblue View Post
No offense to PSU, but they are going to fade to mediocrity for a long time to come. That would leave this as a possible scenario (until we add more teams):

East
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
MSU
OSU
Penn State
Rutgers

West
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Wisconsin
I don't care for those divisions because your East division is stacked with great teams. Now, it would be an easier schedule for Nebraska I just don't want another Big 12 North and South, which the South division back then was much more difficult.
HuskerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 01:32 PM   #76
BLACKGOLD
Champion of the Sun

vCash: 1524
BLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond reputeBLACKGOLD has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bighouseblue View Post

East
Indiana
Maryland
Michigan
MSU
OSU
Penn State
Rutgers

West
Illinois
Iowa
Minnesota
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue
Wisconsin
Kinda lop-sided...just sayin
BLACKGOLD is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 01:41 PM   #77
B1G

B1G is on a distinguished road
Selfishly, I'd like to see the most of older schools together when we go to 16. Reasonable balance.

Leaders
Nebraska
Iowa
Minnesota
Maryland
Penn State
Rutgers
Newbie (Missouri? Ga Tech?)
Newbie (Another eastern school?)

Legends
Illinois
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Michigan
MSU
OSU
Purdue
Indiana

Last edited by B1G; 11-19-2012 at 01:48 PM.
B1G is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 01:52 PM   #78
B1G

B1G is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUBuckeye4Life View Post
Both great assets but a reach. ND is as dedicated to independence as we are to winged helmets, the Big House, and Hail to the Victors. It's a vital part of their tradition and allows them unique advantages in scheduling and TV contracts.

Texas hasn't shown they'll give up the LHN, aren't team players, and may be tied to Texas Tech. Not to mention a binding grant of rights they just signed with the Big 12.

Old 11-19-2012, 02:04 PM   #79
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1G View Post
Selfishly, I'd like to see the most of older schools together when we go to 16. Reasonable balance.

Leaders
Nebraska
Iowa
Minnesota
Maryland
Penn State
Rutgers
Newbie (Missouri? Ga Tech?)
Newbie (Another eastern school?)

Legends
Illinois
Northwestern
Wisconsin
Michigan
MSU
OSU
Purdue
Indiana
There is nothing reasonable about putting the schools furthest apart in the same division while all the schools in the middle get their own division. That is insanity.
desertrat218 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-19-2012, 02:20 PM   #80
Bighouseblue

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKGOLD View Post
Kinda lop-sided...just sayin
It will never be perfectly balanced, and these things have tendency to change over the years.