Old 11-17-2012, 05:11 PM   #21
Spartan Pride
Larry Caper

vCash: 200
Spartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Can't say I would be even slightly excited about this. Nebraska, I always thought even before expansion talks, seems like a Big Ten school.

But, if its good for money, I'm sure it will happen.
Spartan Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2012, 05:50 PM   #22
Spartan Pride
Larry Caper

Spartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Couple stupid questions...

1. Are either of those teams really much more attractive than Missouri was?

2. Is half of this just an excuse to reallign the divisions again?

Okay, #2 is probably a stupid idea.

Old 11-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #23
OSUBuckeye4Life
Forum Moderator

vCash: 100
OSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud ofOSUBuckeye4Life has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Pride View Post

"Cable footprint subscription fees and academic research dollars........both increase substantially with the addition of AAU schools. Both Rutgers and Maryland are AAU schools."

Old 11-17-2012, 05:59 PM   #24
Hosker

vCash: 500
Hosker has a spectacular aura aboutHosker has a spectacular aura aboutHosker has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Pride View Post

Yes, much more attractive than mizzou. Not from an atheletics point of view, but definitely more attractive universities and geographies.

Columbia Missouri or Washington DC? Its really not even close. KU is a more attractive option than Mizzou imo.

I can't say Im a fan of adding BOTH Rutgers and MD, but both are solid in my view. Nothing to be ashamed of anyway.... Everybody will understand that this is not a football move if this turns out to be true.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:00 PM   #25
yaya551
Administrator

vCash: 30657
yaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond repute
Fuck, I hate having to do work on the site. Guess I have to add 2 more forums.

Very underwhelmed by this news.
yaya551 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2012, 06:18 PM   #26
Spartan Pride
Larry Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaya551 View Post
Fuck, I hate having to do work on the site. Guess I have to add 2 more forums.

Very underwhelmed by this news.
Atleast you can look forward to watching Maryland vs North Carolina State football on "Big Ten's Greatest Games" on the BTN.

Old 11-17-2012, 06:19 PM   #27
Dances With Gophers

Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
I hope this is nothing more than a feeble attempt to prod ND into joining the BT for keeps. Sorta like how the Lakers and Phil Jackson were in cahoots to use the media to drive down Coach D's asking price (you will never convince me otherwise).

Think about it. IF the Domers were in the Big Ten, they'd probably be #2 right now and in great shape to make the Championship game...

Yeah yeah...I'm sure there really ARE talks going on with MD and Rutgers. But they have no idea that the Big Ten's real target is UND. Sorta like how smart guys approach the ugly girl at a bar and chat her up - the jilted hawt friend of hers will be beside herself.

/Conspiracy Theory
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2012, 06:23 PM   #28
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances With Gophers View Post
I hope this is nothing more than a feeble attempt to prod ND into joining the BT for keeps. Sorta like how the Lakers and Phil Jackson were in cahoots to use the media to drive down Coach D's asking price (you will never convince me otherwise).

Think about it. IF the Domers were in the Big Ten, they'd probably be #2 right now and in great shape to make the Championship game...

Yeah yeah...I'm sure there really ARE talks going on with MD and Rutgers. But they have no idea that the Big Ten's real target is UND. Sorta like how smart guys approach the ugly girl at a bar and chat her up - the jilted hawt friend of hers will be beside herself.

/Conspiracy Theory
Didn't Notre Dame already sign on with the ACC?
desertrat218 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #29
Dances With Gophers

Dances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really niceDances With Gophers is just really nice
And look how much that's helped them.

They have the $$$ to make it happen.
Dances With Gophers is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-17-2012, 06:26 PM   #30
Spartan Pride
Larry Caper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dances With Gophers View Post
I dunno about that one. There always seems to be a notion that Notre Dame plays an awful schedule every year but I don't see that as being the case at all.

Of course, winning a conference championship game would help