Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > Team Forums > Michigan Wolverines

Old 11-15-2012, 09:11 PM   #1
B1G

vCash: 500
B1G is on a distinguished road
Michigan has 3 wins by an average of 35 points, but does it mean anything?

...One benefit Michigan's gained from its three early-season laughers, according to John Beilein, is live game experience for the team's youngsters.

Glenn Robinson III has started all three games, and has performed well. Nik Stauskas is shooting nearly 70 percent from the floor, and Mitch McGary continues to work his way into game shape at the college level.

Michigan has also been able to work Jon Horford back into the lineup from injury, and even got extended minutes for redshirt freshman Max Bielfeldt on Tuesday -- all plusses that can't be overlooked, according to Beilein.

"Our practices are tough, but there's a game shape, 31 minutes for Trey Burke, that he can't get in a practice," Beilein said. "And the other thing, we can really see who plays when the lights are on. Maybe take some guys who did struggle and have them relax and get back to playing better.

"And then find the other ones that do have swagger to them and figure out who we want in tight situations."

Beilein has opted to start his young group out slow, rather than throw them head-first into the fire the way Tom Izzo routinely does at Michigan State -- a formula that's worked for him for a long, long time...

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/inde...=Google+Reader

Old 11-16-2012, 12:47 AM   #2
yaya551
Administrator

vCash: 30657
yaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond reputeyaya551 has a reputation beyond repute
I think this team is looking great. The talent and athleticism is obviously there. Work needs to be done on the defensive end, and some sloppy ball handling. But I really think this should shape up to be a great year for us. And the old timers here know that I usually don't show this much expectation as I have now.
yaya551 is offline   Reply With Quote