Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > Team Forums > Michigan Wolverines

Old 11-15-2012, 06:40 AM   #1
B1G

vCash: 500
B1G is on a distinguished road
Denard likely to miss out on QB career rushing record

Denard has 4,129 rushing yards for his career while Pat White has the record for QBs at 4,480. Earlier this year, it seemed certain Denard would break that but now it's looking very unlikely. Getting at least 100 yards rushing seems it would have been all but certain against Minny, NW, and Iowa. And that would leave just a handful more for the rest of the Nebraska game, Ohio, and the bowl game (I believe those count). Even if Denard is back for the Iowa game, and I'm guessing he won't be, 351 yards is no gimme, especially considering we're likely to play a tough SEC defense in the bowl game...

http://mgoblog.com/mgoboard/denard-l...rushing-record

Old 11-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #2
mjp28
Administrator

vCash: 1275
mjp28 will become famous soon enough
Denard is one tough little dude but being a running QB has it's hazards.

I'm just wondering how he'll feel 11/24 in Columbus, OHIO at noon on ABC?

Old 11-15-2012, 07:40 PM   #3
Wells4Heisman
Georgian' Buck

vCash: 100
Wells4Heisman is on a distinguished road
I think he'll be in and out of the game against Ohio State. I know Sabino will be looking for him.

Old 11-15-2012, 07:54 PM   #4
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
I would hope he's able to play against Ohio State, it would be a shame to miss out on that game for his senior year.
desertrat218 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2012, 09:04 PM   #5
geigerm

vCash: 4500
geigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud ofgeigerm has much to be proud of
I wouldn't be surprised if Denard is resting up specifically to play against Ohio State. I'm guessing he'll take the field unless he's completely unable to go, but the coaches will go to Gardner very quickly if Denard struggles.
geigerm is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2012, 09:21 PM   #6
GoState
High Fever Club

vCash: 30000
GoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of light
injured or not, put him out there as a decoy..wr\rb\te\kicker\oline?....his appearance on the field is a threat
GoState is offline   Reply With Quote