Illinois Fighting IlliniIndiana HoosiersIowa HawkeyesMaryland TerrapinsMichigan WolverinesMichigan State SpartansMinnesota Golden GophersNebraska CornhuskersNorthwestern WildcatsOhio State BuckeyesPenn State Nittany LionsPurdue BoilermakersRutgersWisconsin Badgers

Go Back   BigTenFever > BigTen Fever > Big Ten Forum

Old 11-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #1
HuskerFan
Forum Moderator

vCash: 200
HuskerFan has a spectacular aura aboutHuskerFan has a spectacular aura about
Week 12: Northwestern vs. Michigan State

@
Northwestern Wildcats (7-3, 3-3) vs. Michigan State Spartans (5-5, 2-4)

12:00 PM ET, November 17, 2012
Spartan Stadium, East Lansing, MI
ESPN2
HuskerFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2012, 11:52 AM   #2
Guaransheed
Administrator

Guaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really niceGuaransheed is just really nice
I hope Northwestern dominates.
Guaransheed is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-12-2012, 01:53 PM   #3
Purple Haze

vCash: 400
Purple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant future
MSU is a 5 point favorite, unless we lose in OT by a touchdown again I don't see that happening. I look for NU to rebound in this one. Should be a lot of running, and I like our run defense

Old 11-13-2012, 02:02 AM   #4
onlinepole

vCash: 500
onlinepole will become famous soon enoughonlinepole will become famous soon enough
Cats have to not only start strong but keep the momentum going and not let their foot off the gas. Have to stop the bleeding. Big difference between 9-3 and 8-4 for bowl season. MSU's had a tough season as well, have to finish strong Cats
onlinepole is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2012, 07:53 PM   #5
Spartan Pride
Larry Caper

Spartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond reputeSpartan Pride has a reputation beyond repute
All of our Big Ten games this year, wins and losses, have been decided by 4 points or less. It's gonna be another close one.

Random useless facts...

Quote:
MSU's record in the 11th game of the season since 2002

2002 vs PUR LOSS (45-42)
2003 @WISC LOSS (56-21)
2004 @PSU LOSS (37-13)
2005 @MINN LOSS (41-18)
2006 vsMINN LOSS (31-18)

Under Dantonio

2007 @PUR WIN (48-31)
2008 vsPUR WIN (21-7)
2009 @PUR WIN (40-37)
2010 vsPUR WIN (35-31)
2011 @NW WIN (31-17)
Spartan Pride is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2012, 09:22 PM   #6
GoState
High Fever Club

vCash: 40000
GoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of light
If we drive down the field and miss the first FG, I'm heading to the car...been there done that over and over this year

Kidding....I'm riding this crazy wave out but come on....I can't handle another cardiac closing....lets just have a blow out one way or the other

38-24 State....for the Seniors please

GO GREEN!!
GoState is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-13-2012, 10:17 PM   #7
Purple Haze

vCash: 400
Purple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant futurePurple Haze has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan Pride View Post

Random useless facts...
The key there was that 4 of those wins were against Purdue.

We also have a knack for the close games, every Big Ten game we've had has been close with the exception of Iowa and Indiana, and our OOC games were pretty close, so it should be a good one.

Old 11-13-2012, 10:42 PM   #8
GoState
High Fever Club

vCash: 40000
GoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of lightGoState is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
The key there was that 4 of those wins were against Purdue.

We also have a knack for the close games, every Big Ten game we've had has been close with the exception of Iowa and Indiana, and our OOC games were pretty close, so it should be a good one.
When is it not a crazy ass game between State and NW?? I felt better about the Iowa, michigan and Nebraska games than I do about this one
Hoping for another round of Senior Day magic!!!
GoState is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-15-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
Drocks
Forum Moderator

Drocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud ofDrocks has much to be proud of
I think MSU takes this one, by a point Northwestern will be up 19-13 late in the fourth....and you know the rest.

Old 11-17-2012, 02:17 PM   #10
desertrat218

vCash: 2000
desertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the roughdesertrat218 is a jewel in the rough
Getting to the end of the 1st half and MSU leading 5-3. Spartans have dominated this game but failed to score on 2 possessions that ended inside the Northwestern 5 yard line. They fumbled a snap to end one threat and they failed on 4th down on another possession.
desertrat218 is offline   Reply With Quote